China, India and Mexico join the celebration, making Prime Day a massive global deals event in 13 countries
Prime members in Canada can enjoy 30 hours of deal shopping this year – with deals starting on July 10 at 6 p.m. PT/9 p.m. ET
Nearly 40% of Lightning Deals worldwide will come from small businesses and entrepreneurs on Prime Day
SEATTLE, June 29, 2017 /CNW/ - (NASDAQ:AMZN) – The third annual Prime Day will be Tuesday, July 11, with hundreds of thousands of deals exclusively for Prime members around the world. New this year, members in Canada can enjoy 30 hours of deal shopping starting at 6 p.m. PT/9 p.m. ET on Monday, July 10 – and new deals as often as every five minutes. Prime Day has expanded to 13 countries this year, and Amazon is bringing new and existing members in Canada, the US, the UK, Spain, Mexico, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Belgium and Austria the best deals of the year. Members will find millions of items in stock including deals from thousands of small businesses and entrepreneurs. As the company gears up for Prime Day, Amazon offers an inside look to show our global preparations. To participate in Prime Day, customers can sign-up or start a free Prime trial any time before or on July 11 by visiting amazon.ca/primeday.
"Our members love Prime Day and we were thrilled by the response over the last two years. It is inspiring us to make it even better this year for Prime members," said Greg Greeley, Vice President Amazon Prime. "Every side of our business is working to deliver more deals for a record number of shoppers. We even decided that 24 hours in a day just isn't enough time to shop all of the great deals – so we're giving Prime members 30 hours to shop on Prime Day!"
New this year for Prime members in Canada
Prime Day 2017 is made especially for you – with personalization, deal watching and the fun of discovery across Prime and Amazon.
- 30 Hours to Shop – 24 hours just isn't enough time to shop all of the great deals, so Prime Day will start at 6 p.m. PT/9 p.m. ET on Monday, July 10 giving Prime members 30 hours to shop.
- Explore Deals You're Into – Find deals organized by more than 15 of the most shopped for themes. From pet lovers to gardeners and techies to artists – find your deals even faster.
- Watch-a-Deal – Deal watching on the Amazon Shopping App expands globally. Track and shop deals while at home or on-the-go with deal alerts on the Amazon Shopping App.
- Amazon.ca's Big TV Deal – Prime Day will include amazing TV deals, with a variety of top tier brands and once again, they will likely sell out. This year, Amazon.ca will offer 30% off select VIZIO 24, 32, and 48-inch TVs.
- Amazon Shopping App Sign-In Offer – Customers can get ready for Prime Day by using the Amazon Shopping App. Prime members who sign in to the Amazon Shopping App for the first time on Thursday, July 6 will receive a $10 CDN off promo code towards a future purchase on Amazon.ca.
- Subscribe & Save – Prime members can save up to 40% off on new Subscribe & Save subscriptions from categories such as beauty, grocery, baby and more.
- Kindle Promotion – Prime members who purchase any eBook from Amazon.ca on Prime Day receive a 40% promotional credit back toward their next print book or eBook purchase. In addition, on Friday, July 7, shoppers will find a curated list of bestselling eBooks just for Prime members for $2.99 CDN or less.
The Grand Tour Season 2 Prime Day Sneak Peek
As a Prime Day exclusive, Amazon will reveal a brand new tease of The Grand Tour for Prime members. The new footage, which is the first look at any filming from the hugely anticipated second season, sees Jeremy, Richard and James in Mozambique, Switzerland and the UK. Prime members will get this exclusive Prime Day sneak preview ahead of the full The Grand Tour season two launch later this year.
Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs on Prime Day
Prime Day 2016 was another record-breaking success for small businesses and entrepreneurs worldwide participating in the event. Last year, small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon offering deals to Prime members saw orders nearly triple year-over-year on Prime Day worldwide and grow over eightfold in Canada. And this year, there will be thousands of small businesses and entrepreneurs participating with nearly 40% of all Lightning Deals coming from small businesses and entrepreneurs. Feedback from Canadian small businesses and entrepreneurs includes:
- "We can't compare the success we experience in sales on Prime Day to any other day of the year! However, this is just the tip of the iceberg; aside from experiencing 150% more sales in one day, the true benefit comes from connecting with new clients of which 40% of them become repeat buyers." – Stephen Aikman, All Natural Advice in Oakville, ON
- "Prime Day is like the Black Friday of the summer but even better! It provides a small business like Aero Malls the opportunity to reach new customers and gain greater exposure through incredible deals and increased traffic. I just wish it were more than once a year!" Wilson Mak, Aero Malls, Inc. – Vancouver, BC
Everyday Made Better with Prime
Tens of millions of Prime members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime. For Canadian members, Prime benefits include unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items, Prime FREE Same-Day and One-Day Delivery for Toronto and Vancouver, Prime FREE One-Day Delivery for Montreal, Calgary, and Edmonton, Prime Video, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, free unlimited photo storage with Amazon Drive, 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals and more. To learn more about Amazon Prime, visit www.amazon.ca/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
For further information: Andrew Gouveia, NATIONAL Public Relations, email@example.com, 416-848-1385