MONTREAL, March 25, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Transat announces the deployment of two special flights over the next few days to return Canadians stranded in El Salvador and Guatemala back home. These flights, operated in collaboration with the Government of Canada, are in addition to those already planned by the airline.
"To date, our repatriation flights have brought approximately 46,000 customers back home, and this number will continue to rise in the coming days," says Jean-Marc Eustache, President and Chief Executive Officer of Transat. "From this time forward, all our efforts will be dedicated to achieving a single goal: to safely repatriate as many Canadians as possible."
- There will be a flight from San Salvador to Montreal on Friday, March 27, aboard a Boeing 737-800.
- There will be a flight from Guatemala City to Montreal on Friday, March 27, aboard an Airbus A321-200.
Canadians who would like to book seats on these flights should contact Global Affairs Canada by calling 613-996-8885 or by emailing [email protected].
About Air Transat
Air Transat is Canada's number one leisure airline. It flies to some 60 international destinations in more than 25 countries in the Americas and Europe, offers domestic and connecting flights within Canada, and carries some 5 million passengers every year. Air Transat is a business unit of Transat A.T. Inc., a leading integrated international tourism company specializing in holiday travel and offering vacation packages, hotel stays and air travel. Transat was awarded Travelife certification in 2018 in recognition of its commitment to sustainable development. Based in Montreal, it has 5,000 employees.
Recent distinctions and awards
- Named World's Best Leisure Airline at the Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Voted Best Tour Operator and Favourite Overall Supplier at the Agents' Choice Awards presented by Baxter Travel Media
- Voted Best Airline and Best Tour Operator at the Trophées Uni-Vers awards organized by the Association des Agents de Voyages du Québec
- Ranked among Canada's Best Employers and first among airlines on Forbes magazine's list
SOURCE Transat A.T. Inc.
For further information: Debbie Cabana, Director, Marketing, Social Media and Public Relations, Transat, 514-987-1616, ext. 104250