MONTRÉAL, June 5, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Estrie resident Ann-Marie Francis is the lucky owner of a winning ticket worth 55 million dollars, the Lotto Max jackpot of June 2. This is the fourth time since the beginning of 2017 that the Lotto Max jackpot is won in Québec.
Ms. Francis received her cheque during a press briefing held at the Delta Montréal hotel.
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize won: $55,000,000
- Category: Jackpot
- Odds of winning the jackpot: 1 in 28,633,528 with 1 play
- Draw date: June 2, 2017
- Winner's place of residence: Estrie
- Retailer: Provigo (169 Rue Queen, Sherbrooke)
- The retailer will receive a 1% prize of $550,000.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec's head office in Montréal
- On June 3, one day after the draw, Ms. Francis learned she had won the Lotto Max jackpot and become a millionaire!
- She realized she had all the winning numbers when she checked the results on Loto-Québec's website.
- Ms. Francis says she checked and rechecked "at least 1,000 times" before telling the good news to her husband, who was cleaning the pool. "I could not believe it!" said the winner.
- Ecstatic, her husband did however go into work on this Monday morning.
- Ms. Francis explained that before contacting Loto-Québec, because it was such a big win and that she was very excited, she read the lottery claims terms to answer all her questions.
- With this big win, Ms. Francis and her spouse plan to retire.
Record start for the lottery in 2017
- At the January 6 draw, a group of 28 Montérégie and Centre-du-Québec residents were the first to win a $60 million Lotto Max jackpot.
- A $60 million jackpot was won for the second time in Québec at the Lotto Max draw of February 10. A Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean couple shared its winnings with loved ones.
- On April 24, a Montréal couple walked away with the Lotto Max $55-million-dollar jackpot for the April 21 draw. They were the third jackpot winners of the year for that lottery in Québec.
- Quebecers have been lucky at the lottery since the beginning of 2017. From January 1 to June 5, 2017, Loto-Québec has awarded 64 prizes worth $1 million or more, for a total of 83 new millionaires. Thanks to the lotteries Gagnant à vie! and Grande Vie, 15 lucky winners walked away with a lifetime annuity or a lump sum.
- Each of these cases constitutes a record in the annals of Loto-Québec.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
twitter.com/LotoQcLoteries Hashtag: #lotoquebec
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director of Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, firstname.lastname@example.org, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Danny Racine, Communications Officer, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, email@example.com