OTTAWA, April 27, 2017 /CNW/ -
Health Canada is advising Canadians that the unauthorized health product "Rhino Blitz Gold" may pose serious health risks, after testing confirmed it contains an undeclared prescription drug (sildenafil). The product, promoted for sexual enhancement, was seized from Stag Shop at 980 Upper James Street in Hamilton, Ontario.
Who is affected
- Consumers who have bought or used this product
- Rhino Blitz Gold
What consumers should do
- Stop using this product. Consult with your health care professional if you have used this product and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized health products have an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Drug Number (DIN-HM). You can also check if products have been authorized for sale by searching Health Canada's Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑866‑234‑2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑800‑267‑9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Sildenafil should not be used by individuals taking any kind of nitrate drug (such as nitroglycerine) as it can cause potentially life-threatening low blood pressure. Individuals with heart problems are at increased risk of cardiovascular side effects such as heart attack, stroke, chest pain, high blood pressure and abnormal heartbeat. Other side effects include headache, facial flushing, indigestion, dizziness, abnormal vision and hearing loss.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada seized the product from the retail location and is testing other products to determine whether they contain undeclared ingredients that may pose serious health risks. Should additional products, retailers or distributors be identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians as necessary.
For more information
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
To learn more about natural health products and other self-care products, visit Canada.ca/selfcare-products.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Health Canada
For further information: Media Enquiries: Health Canada, (613) 957-2983; Public Enquiries: (613) 957-2991, 1-866 225-0709