OTTAWA, Oct. 20, 2016 /CNW/ -
Health Canada has requested that SurThrival voluntarily recall all lots of its colostrum products because they contain undeclared milk allergens, which may pose serious health risks to people who are allergic or hypersensitive to cow's milk. These authorized natural health products are marketed to strengthen the immune system, and can be found online and at various retailers across Canada.
Who is affected
- Consumers who are allergic or hypersensitive to cow's milk, who have purchased or used any of the products listed below.
1. SurThrival Immunity Quest Powder Drink Mix (NPN80062576)
- 2 kilo (70.5oz)
2. SurThrival Immunity Quest Colostrum Capsules (NPN80062577)
What consumers should do
- Consult your healthcare professional if you have used any of these products and have health concerns.
- Return any unused product to the place of purchase.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-866-234-2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-800-267-9675, or complete an online complaint form.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada will monitor SurThrival's recall and inform Canadians if new safety information arises.
Individuals with milk allergies or sensitivities to milk products can experience a range of mild to severe symptoms when exposed to even small amounts of milk proteins. Symptoms may include breathing difficulties, which can be life threatening in some cases.
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Health Canada
For further information: Media Enquiries: Health Canada, (613) 957-2983; Public Enquiries: (613) 957-2991, 1-866-225-0709