LONDON, Dec. 17, 2012 /CNW/ - This week sees health & fitness company Weightplan.com launch the latest version of their chart-topping 'Gym Training' App.
Download the 'Gym Training' iPhone App to follow professionally written gym workouts and exercise tuition. Manage your workouts and chart your fitness progress by syncing your account online at http://www.weightplan.com, then take your plans with you on your mobile device.
By keeping track of calories burned during exercise and balancing it with calories eaten, users know if they are in-line with their targets (either fat loss, muscle gain or weight management).
Personal Trainers are also able to compare their clients' progress to find out if they've exercised enough and eaten the correct nutrition - putting them in total control of their performance.
Gyms can now offer full fitness information and tracking by applying Gymcodes™ labels to their existing gym equipment. When scanned by an iPhone these deliver targeted videos and exercise guides, then record progress against a planned workout by syncing with Weightplan.com.
"We're not aware of any other site that allows you to build your own custom fitness programs online and seamlessly sync 'planned' and 'actual' data with your phone. It's going to revolutionize the health and fitness industry" says Andrew Barham, CEO of Weightplan.com. "We've got a best-in-class system that tracks sports, gym and exercise information, and includes a full nutrition database and food diary too. What's more - standard membership of the Weightplan.com website is FREE."
Gymcodes™ move the health & fitness industry forward by putting cutting-edge fitness information right in the hands of ordinary gym-goers, and letting the experts monitor their progress. There's no hardware for a gym to purchase, and you're not tied in to a single manufacturer's equipment. We can track the actual piece of equipment used, so you can't just say you've been to the gym without actually attending! We can even put Gymcodes in aerobic studios so you can monitor class attendance."
Key features of Weightplan's latest offer include:
- Create your own workouts online (or choose from over 50 pre-installed) then sync with your mobile device or tablet
- Personal Trainers: Create programs for your clients and mange their activity plans online or on an iPad at the gym
- Gyms: Use Gymcodes™ to monitor and reward ACTUAL activity completed in the gym (via QR code scanning, and soon NFC)
- Track sets, reps, time, distance and calories burnt for any exercise
- Create incentives, league tables and loyalty programs around tracked activity to drive longer term health goals
- Track progression, body weight and body measurements, with a full suite of graphs and reports.
- Monitor gym equipment usage
For more information on Gymcodes visit http://www.weightplan.com/gymcodes
To download the Gym Training App visit https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/gym-training-plus-by-weightplan.com/id528294497?mt=8
SOURCE: WeightPlan Ltd
For further information:
Company Details: Weightplan Ltd., London +44-(0)-203-005-7443, Email: [email protected] for media or licensing enquiries and more hi-res images