- Kia's third plug-in model is packed with the same fantastic styling, functionality and drivability of Niro hybrid
- New model will make total estimated range of more than 900 kilometres possible when electric and gasoline systems are working together
- More information and full specs will be announced at a later date
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 30, 2017 /CNW/ - The 2018 Niro Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) brings an exciting new dimension to Kia's alternative fuel car line-up. As Kia's third plug-in model, the Niro PHEV offers the same crossover utility, fun-driving and winning design of the Niro hybrid, but with an estimated 411 kilometres of all-electric, zero-emissions range. It will also offer a total estimated range of more than 9002 kilometres when the electric and gasoline systems are working together.
"Packed with all the same Guinness world-record holding functionality and fun drivability of our popular Niro hybrid, the new Kia Niro Plug-In Hybrid Crossover will offer even greater fuel economy when it arrives in Canada," said Ted Lancaster, VP & COO, Kia Canada Inc. "We are expecting the Niro Plug-In Hybrid to add another electrifying element to our Canadian lineup some time in 2018."
Full Canadian details will be released at a later date but will include:
- All the same feature-rich packaging and driving fun of the hybrid Niro, but with a few PHEV-exclusive touches, such as a subtly-modified front grille insert and surround, hybrid blue exterior accents, available LED headlamps, a charge port door (on left front fender), available 7-inch colour meter cluster with digital tachometer and "ECO/Plug-In" badges
- A full charge can be achieved in approximately 2.5 hours via a 240V (Level 2) charger, and under 9 hours via a 120V (Level 1) charger
- The same six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT) as the Niro, which translates to more enjoyable and engaging driving. Drivers can choose from several driving modes, including EV mode, Hybrid mode, (default) Eco mode, or Sport mode for quicker transmission response.
Estimated range on a full battery charge. Actual range will vary based on driving habits, vehicle maintenance, charging practice, battery age, weather, temperature, and road/traffic conditions.
Estimated range equivalent when vehicle is fully charged. Actual range will vary based on driving habits, vehicle maintenance, charging practice, battery age, weather, temperature, and road/traffic conditions.
About Kia Canada Inc.
Kia Canada Inc. (www.kia.ca – www.facebook.com/kiacanada), a maker of quality vehicles for the young-at-heart is a subsidiary of Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) which was founded in 1999 and sells and services high quality, class leading vehicles like the Soul, Forte, Optima and Sorento through a network of 190 dealers nationwide. Kia Canada Inc. employs 154 people in its Mississauga, Ontario headquarters and four regional offices across Canada, including a state-of-the-art facility in Montreal. Kia's brand slogan "The Power to Surprise" represents the company's global commitment to surprise the world by providing exciting & inspiring experiences that go beyond expectations.
SOURCE Kia Canada Inc.
For further information: For more information about Kia Canada and our products, please visit our Media Centre at KiaMedia.ca or contact: Mark James, Corporate Communications Manager, Kia Canada Inc., T: 905-755-6251; C: 416-660-3568; E: firstname.lastname@example.org; Maxime Surette, Product Communications Manager, Kia Canada Inc., T: 905-755-6272; C: 416-316-3313; E : email@example.com; John Adzija, National Manager, Corporate Communications & Corporate Partnerships, Kia Canada Inc., T: 905-755-6266; C: 905-301-6207; E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kia Canada Inc. -- a maker of quality vehicles for the young-at-heart -- is a subsidiary of Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) in Korea. It was founded in 1999 and sells and services high quality class leading vehicles like the Soul, Forte and Sorento through a network of 171 dealers nationwide. Kia Canada Inc. employs 141 people in its Mississauga, Ontario headquarters and four regional offices across...
Also from this source: