Excellence in Airport Marketing and Communication Awards 2018
QUÉBEC CITY, Nov. 20, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) won several awards at the gala ceremony organized by the Airport Council International – North America (ACI-NA) in Ottawa on Thursday, November 15. The Excellence in Airport Marketing and Communication Awards 2018 recognize innovations in North America's airport industry in the fields of marketing and public relations.
The communications strategy applied from 2015 to 2018 during the project to extend and improve the layout of the terminal building was recognized as one of the industry's best public relations strategies. The newsletter distributed to our employees and partners and the website 360.yqb2018.com, a virtual reality platform that gave people in greater Québec City and other stakeholders an opportunity to visit the new terminal before it opened, were also honoured.
"We are genuinely proud to have been recognized by our peers for the quality of our communications. At YQB, communication is a team effort that lies at the heart of each of our projects. The awards are made even more significant by the fact that the YQB team was competing with some of the biggest players in the industry, including airports in Los Angeles, Chicago, Vancouver, Miami and other places," mentions Mathieu Claise, director of public and government affairs at YQB.
The Excellence in Airport Marketing and Communication Awards recognize best practices in 21 categories, encompassing three strategic disciplines: marketing, communications and public relations, and customer service. For the 2018 event, ACI-NA reviewed almost 300 projects submitted by airports throughout North America.
"Recognition for our know-how once again highlights our vision, which is to make Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport a world-class facility, and an airport that can take its place alongside industry leaders," concludes Gaëtan Gagné, president and CEO of YQB.
About Airports Council International – North America (ACI-NA)
The Airports Council International – North America (ACI-NA) is the voice of North American airports, representing local, regional and state governing bodies that own and operate commercial airports in the United States and Canada. ACI-NA is the largest of the five worldwide regions of the Airports Council International (ACI). Our members represent more than 300 airports operating in the United States and Canada and nearly 400 aviation-related businesses.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec inc., the private corporation responsible, since November 1, 2000, for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport. Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2018 – Best Communication Practices – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Québec consulting engineering awards – mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2018 - Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2017 - Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 - Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 - Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the "YQB, Aéroport de Québec" mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the "aeroportdequebec.com" website
- 2016 - Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
SOURCE Aéroport de Québec
For further information: Laurianne Lapierre, Advisor, communications and media relations, Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport, Phone: 418 640-2700, extension 2624