First of its kind pop-up shops in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver only accept fun as currency
TORONTO, July 11, 2014 /CNW/ - Around the world, Canadians are renowned for having a distinct take on fun. We're ambassadors of amusement, emissaries of enjoyment, dignitaries of delight, yet we could still be having more of it. Kraft Dinner has the solution. After a look into the state of fun in Canada, KD has created a plan to help Canadians let their fun out without the hassle of money. Three extraordinary pop-up shops, and a series of roving kiosks will turn fun into a currency, only spendable with KD.
"We're on a mission to encourage Canadians to let the fun out from coast to coast," said Kristen Eyre, brand director, Kraft Dinner, Kraft Canada. "The KD Fun Index helped us to understand the state of fun in Canada. What we found was that at any given time, only one in five Canadians are having it. Come on, Canada: we can do better than that!"
How does KD plan on helping to make a change? KD has a three-part fun plan:
- How much fun are Canadians having? The KD Fun Index found out by asking how many of them are riding bikes, playing video games, hanging out with pals, seeing films, reading books, travelling, and making time for other adventures. The KD Fun Index findings gives KD the inspiration it needs to start its fun mission.
- The KD Fun Shop: the only place in Canada where fun can be used like cash for real-world stuff. A first-of-its-kind pop-up shop held for three days in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver, it will be stocked with never-before-seen KD products. Money will be no good here, all products are only available for the price of fun. That really means, keep your wallet at home and see what juggling boxes of KD or making an imaginary pot of KD will get you in store.
- Toronto KD Fun Shop: RBC Plaza, 200 Bay Street, July 16 – July 18, 7:00am – 7:00pm
- Vancouver KD Fun Shop: Granville Square, 609 Granville, July 23 – July 25, 7:00am – 7:00pm
- Montreal KD Fun Shop: Place Victoria, 800 Place Victoria, July 30 – August 1, 7:00am – 7:00pm
- If people in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver can't make it down to The KD Fun Shop KD will bring the fun to them. The KD Fun Kiosks will be roving through each city centre surprising shoppers outside traditionally "unfun" places like transit stops, and dry cleaners injecting some needed fun in their day. The KD Fun Kiosks will let people spend their fun for the actual goods and services they were about to buy.
- Toronto KD Fun Kiosks, July 16 – July 24
- Vancouver KD Fun Kiosks, July 23 – July 31
- Montreal KD Fun Kiosks, July 30 – August 7
"Canadians are ready to have more fun," added Eyre. "We're going to give it to them." Join the fun conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #letyourfunout.
ABOUT KRAFT FOODS GROUP
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is one of North America's largest consumer packaged food and beverage companies, with annual revenues of more than $18 billion. With the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse, Kraft has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, refrigerated meals and grocery categories. The company's iconic brands include Kraft, Capri Sun, Jell-O, Kool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters and Velveeta. Kraft's 22,500 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the NASDAQ-100 indices. For more information, visit www.kraftfoodsgroup.com and www.facebook.com/kraft.
ABOUT THE KD FUN INDEX
The KD Fun Index survey was conducted by Google Consumer Surveys, Jun 23-24 and based on 329 online responses. Sample: Canadian adult Internet population. Social media data based on keyword-based mentions from public-facing data available through Radian6, from 2012 – 2013.
SOURCE: Kraft Foods Group, Inc.