THORNHILL, ON, March 7, 2013 /CNW/ - Thousands of Ontarians looking to escape the cold are gearing up for March Break. CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) has the following travel tips to help you arrive safely at your destination.
If you are flying to your destination:
- Review your airline's policies for check in and carry-on luggage fees.
- Pack appropriately, take what is needed and make sure you handle your own luggage.
- Check in online and print your boarding passes at home prior to leaving for the airport.
- Arrive early for your flight as lines are expected to be busier than normal.
- For carry-on items, make sure all liquid bottles are a maximum of 100 ml and fit into a 1 L clear plastic bag.
If a road trip is in your future:
- Prep your car, change your oil, test your battery, top up your fluids and check your tire pressure before you leave. Visit the nearest CAA Car Care Centre for a comprehensive vehicle inspection and take advantage of our latest offers.
- When packing the trunk, start with your largest bags, and then fill in the space around them with smaller items. And always keep the view through your back window clear. For all your travel gear including emergency kits, water bottles, maps and luggage visit a CAA Travel Store near you.
- Plan your route ahead of time and bring a map as a backup to your GPS. CAA offers customized maps and TripTik route planners to help get you where you are going safely.
- Make travel insurance a part of your plans. An unexpected trip to the emergency room or a visit to the doctor's office can be expensive.
- Check with your travel consultant to make sure you have proper documentation for your destination.
If travelling by car with children:
- Determine the maximum number of hours you and your children will be comfortable sitting in the car. If your children are old enough, let them help plan the trip.
- Pack plenty of snacks. In addition to the healthy snack options, bring along your child's favourite snack for those tense moments.
- Bring enough toys, games and books for each child to avoid any arguments.
CAA South Central Ontario is a not-for-profit auto club offering roadside services, automotive care, travel and insurance. There are more than 1.9 million CAA members in South Central Ontario and over 5.6 million members in Canada. We're more than Roadside Assistance. We're Life-side Assistance.
SOURCE: CAA South Central Ontario
For further information:
Media contact: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Specialist, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930 or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Specialist, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.