- More than 1,000 regular season games streamed online, plus every game of the 2016 Stanley Cup® Playoffs & 2016 Stanley Cup® Final on any screen, from anywhere -
- Updated app & website, increased access through more devices, and new package & pricing options for 2015-16 season -
- Free Full Season Pass subscription for eligible Rogers customers, plus exclusive access to GamePlus™ -
TORONTO, Oct. 5, 2015 /CNW/ - As the NHL prepares to drop the puck on the 2015-16 season, Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ is set to deliver more than 1,000 regular season games, plus the 2016 Stanley Cup® Playoffs and 2016 Stanley Cup® Final, the 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic, and the 2016 NHL All-Star Game.
Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ will also be providing hockey lovers with new, exciting elements this season, including simplified navigation; enriched video player and streaming quality; increased access through more devices including Google Chromecast; and a new Monthly Pass subscription offering. (Please see full details below).
"Last year, Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ delivered more games and more content to Canadians on their device of choice, and the fan response was outstanding," said Scott MacMillan, Vice President, Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™, Rogers. "Whether you're a Canucks fan living in Toronto, or a Habs fan living in Calgary, Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ will continue to keep Canadian hockey fans covered with all of the games and innovative features they've come to know and love, where, when and how they want. And to top it off, we also have some great new enhancements and packages in store for 2015-16."
Available within the Rogers NHL app and NHL.com, Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ will continue to offer every NHL national and out-of-market regional game. In-market regional games can be accessed with a subscription through a participating TV provider. More details available here.
Rogers customers will continue to receive exclusive access to GamePlus™, an innovative experience within Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ that includes revolutionary camera angles, multi-angle replays, and bonus video content. Rogers cable customers with subscriptions to all sports channels (Sportsnet, TSN, RDS and TVA Sports) can now also access all of the regular season and post-season games within Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™.
What's New for Fans This Season?
Updated Interface and Usability Features
- Google Chromecast support within the iOS and Android smartphone and tablet apps, so fans can stream live games from their mobile devices to their television sets (desktop casting continues to be available through the Google Chrome browser)
- New "Schedule" section on the Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ website allows subscribers to navigate and launch games directly from there through a simplified, easy-to-use interface
- New "Video" section in the tablet version gives fans access to additional behind-the-scenes content including highlights, scores and replays
- Improved video player and stream quality gives fans uninterrupted and faster access to their favourite games anytime, anywhere
New Package Option
- New Monthly Pass – a recurring $29.99 (plus tax) monthly subscription
Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ – Your all-access pass to the NHL
With a subscription to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™, fans will receive:
- All out-of-market games (English and French) as well as English-language national games (for both the regular season and Stanley Cup® Playoffs)
- In-market regular season games (English and French) and French-language national games (regular season and Stanley Cup® Playoffs), provided that the user:
- subscribes to the linear TV channel that broadcasts the game
- has a subscription with a participating TV provider
Fans with participating TV providers can now connect their subscriptions to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ by logging in with their TV provider credentials in order to access the local in-market games in their region.
And in addition to Google Chromecast, Apple AirPlay within iOS smartphones and tablets continues to give fans the ability to stream live games to their Apple TVs.
Full Pricing and Packaging Options
- For Rogers Customers
- Free Full Season Pass subscription for Rogers customers with a Share Everything™ plan or on two-year term Rogers Ignite™ bundles
- Full Season Pass
- Features all national and out-of-market games, including the 2016 Stanley Cup® Playoffs and 2016 Stanley Cup® Final, 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic, and the 2016 NHL All-Star Game
- Early Bird price: $179.99 (plus tax) available until Tuesday, Oct. 6
- Regular price: $199.99 (plus tax) available from Wednesday, Oct. 7 to Thursday, Dec. 31
- Half Season Pass
- Available January 1, 2016, the package includes all remaining regular season games, plus the 2016 Stanley Cup® Playoffs and 2016 Stanley Cup® Final, 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic, and the 2016 NHL All-Star Game for $129.99 (plus tax)
- New Monthly Pass
- A recurring $29.99 (plus tax) monthly subscription
- NHL French Package – Out of Market Only
- A $59.99 (plus tax) package that includes up to 60 regional Montreal Canadiens and 60 regional Ottawa Senators regular season games airing on RDS
- Stanley Cup® Playoffs Pass
- Available mid-March 2016, the package includes all out-of-market and national games for the last month of the regular season and every playoffs game for $74.99 (plus tax)
For additional information on Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™, game schedules, and NHL blackout details, please visit rogers.com/nhl.
Rogers Communications is a leading diversified public Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. Our stock is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit rogers.com.
SOURCE Rogers Communications Inc.
For further information: Media Contacts, Sónia Brum, [email protected], (w) 416.764.3194, (m) 647.338.7381; Jennifer Neziol, [email protected], (w) 416.764.6361, (m) 416.275.9182; Sebastian Gatica, [email protected], (w) 416.764.6368, (m) 416.710.9953