Lie To Me Season 2 Premiere
Monday, September 28 - 9pm ET/PT on Global
For program images and info please visit: www.canwesttvmedia.com
TORONTO, Sept. 24 /CNW/ - Global's hit drama series Lie To Me makes its highly anticipated sophomore debut on Monday, September 28 - 9pm ET/PT. Inspired by Dr. Paul Ekman's real-life research on human lie detection, the series explores the fascinating and intriguing science used to track down criminals and catch those who are lying through their teeth.
To celebrate the show's return, Global Television and SRG conducted a comprehensive poll asking Canadians nationwide about their lying habits and truth be told, it looks like we're all a bunch of liars! And the survey says...
Lying vs. being lied to... the numbers just don't add up.
- 8 out of 10 Canadians believed they were lied to at least once in the
- Only 6 out of 10 admitted to having told a lie in the same time
- INTERESTING STAT: With age comes honesty: 8 out of 10 people aged 18-
34 admitted to telling a lie in the last week compared to just half
of those aged 50+
What did Canadians say they are lying about...
- 24% - Money, salary and income
- 13% - How people look
- 11% - Hiding Ones True Feelings/Opinions
- INTERESTING STAT: Really? Only 10% say they lie about their age
Canadians can lie, but are not very good at it.
- Only 10% of Canadians think they could tell a lie and pass a lie
- INTERESTING STAT: The gender divide: Men are more likely to think
they could beat it. Of all those who said they could, 72% were men
and only 28% were women
It takes just one look... Canadians are honing their lie detection skills
by watching Lie To Me.
- 64% believe they can tell someone is lying based on their facial
- 87% think the eyes are the number one indication that some is lying
- INTERESTING STAT: Lip service: 14% say the lips and mouth give away a
lie, sometimes with a smile or laugh
Liar, liar...Here's a list of who Canadians believe are most likely to
tell them a lie:
- 44% - Co-workers
- 36% - Friends
- 31% - Kids
- 29% - Your Boss
- Mommy dearest? Both men and women say their Mom (10%) is more likely
to lie to them than their Dad (8%)
- INTERESTING STAT: What a relief: Those least likely to lie to you?
Doctors (4%) and teachers (3%)
ATTENTION FANS: TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR THE SEASON 2 PREMIERE
Lie To Me Episode: "The Core of It"
Monday, September 28 - 9pm ET/PT
A woman with multiple personalities (Erika Christensen) could be either a
witness to a murder---or the killer. Meanwhile, the government hires the
Lightman Group to question a possible Supreme Court nominee.
Source: All data as of August 2009 and is provided by SRG based on
Nationwide research of Adults 18+ unless otherwise indicated.
About Canwest Broadcasting:
Canwest Broadcasting operates Global Television and eighteen of the country's most popular specialty channels, including HGTV, Mystery TV, National Geographic Channel, Showcase, History Television, Food Network and TVtropolis. Canwest Broadcasting is a division of Canwest Media Inc.
About Canwest Media Inc.:
Canwest Media Inc is a subsidiary of Canwest Global Communications Corp. (www.canwest.com; TSX: CGS and CGS.A). An international media company, Canwest is Canada's largest publisher of paid English language daily newspapers and owns, operates and/or holds substantial interests in conventional television, out-of-home advertising, specialty cable channels and web sites in Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
SOURCE Shaw Media
For further information: For further information: For media inquiries, please contact: Nikki Lamb Tudico, Publicist, Canwest Broadcasting, (416) 934-7829, firstname.lastname@example.org; Grace Park, Publicity Manager, Canwest Broadcasting, (416) 967-2484, email@example.com