mind.me, a revolutionary mobile application that helps diagnose, manage and predict depression, secures top global minds in mood disorders
- Founded by technology entrepreneurs and marketing veterans Richard Zeidel, Jonathan Levitt, and Sylvain Perron, mind.me mobile app and AI platform aims to help over 350,000,000 global sufferers of depression as well as their families and physicians
- Mr. Patrick Cashman and Dr. Roger McIntyre join mind.me as partners and Executive Chairman and Chief Medical Officer
- Dr. Raymond Lam joins mind.me as founding advisory board member
MONTREAL, Feb. 6, 2018 /CNW/ - Mind Mental Health Technologies Inc. a company which leverages technology, data science and machine learning to develop products and services that help diagnose, manage and predict mental illness, today announced the appointment of Patrick Cashman as partner and Executive Chairman, Dr. Roger McIntyre as partner and Chief Medical Officer and Dr. Raymond Lam as the founding Advisory Board member.
mind.me is a passive application that, once installed on a mobile device, requires no input or effort from the user. mind.me ambiently monitors behavior and follows a set it and forget it approach. When mind.me detects the early symptoms of depression, notifications will be sent to the user's predetermined circle of care.
"The additions to the team are a reflection of the success of our Alpha trial, which took place in 22 countries around the globe" says Jonathan Levitt, Founder. mind.me is showing very encouraging results, which is attracting world class talent. We are committed to taking the leadership position in 'MindTech' and these appointments are positioning the team in order to do so."
These additions to mind.me's team will help to establish the company as a world leader in the Mental Health technology space.
- Mr. Patrick Cashman (Partner, Executive Chairman) - Former President of Lundbeck Canada, one of the leading pharmaceutical companies engaged in research and development, production, marketing, and sale of drugs for the treatment of disorders in the central nervous system (CNS), especially depression. Mr. Cashman is the recipient of the eyeforpharma Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Dr. Roger McIntyre (Partner, Chief Medical Officer) - Professor of Psychiatry and Pharmacology at the University of Toronto and Head of the Mood Disorders Psychopharmacology Unit at the University Health Network, Toronto, Canada. Dr. McIntyre was named by Thomson Reuters in 2014 and 2015, as one of "The World's Most Influential Scientific Minds". This distinction is given by publishing the largest number of articles that rank among those most frequently cited by researchers globally in 21 broad fields of science and social science during the previous decade. Dr. McIntyre is the co-chair of the Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) Task Force on the Treatment of Comorbidity in Adults with Major Depressive Disorder or Bipolar Disorder and as well a contributor to the CANMAT. Dr. McIntyre is also the Director, Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA), Chicago, USA.
- Dr. Raymond Lam - Professor and Head of the Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program in the Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, and Director of the Mood Disorders Centre of Excellence at UBC Hospital within the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute. He has published over 230 papers in peer-reviewed journals and authored 11 books on depression, and serves on the editorial boards of 7 international journals, including as an editorial advisor for the Cochrane Collaboration. He is also the Executive Chair of the Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments.
"I believe mind.me will pioneer a new way to assist physicians and support patients and their loved ones. Physicians treating depression will improve patient's lives with access to the first and largest real-time mental health database in the world. The company's artificial intelligence and machine learning is already showing tremendous opportunity. I am proud to be a part of this very talented team who will change the treatment paradigm for depression." says Patrick Cashman.
"Patrick is a senior pharmaceutical executive who is recognized for putting the patient first. This patient centric focus will be a guiding principle for the ongoing development of mind.me" said Richard Zeidel, founder. "Dr. McIntyre is among the most influential psychiatric minds in the world and will drive mind.me's scientific innovation and adoption. We've assembled this team because we know that each of them is a leader with a unique skill and an acute sense of where the 'MindTech' sector is headed."
About Mind Mental Health Technologies Inc.
Mind Mental Health Technologies Inc. is a company which leverages technology, data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to develop products and services that help diagnose, manage and predict mental illness. Mind.me is the company's first application.
SOURCE Mind Mental Health Technologies Inc.
For further information: http://mind.me/; Hibaq Ali, 416-642-7986, HAli@webershandwick.com; Karl Helou, 514 447-8889, KHelou@webershandwick.com