As the largest car rental brand serving international travelers visiting North America, Alamo offers low rental rates and a hassle-free customer experience. The Alamo app enables customers to create a reservation faster than ever, in addition to allowing them to quickly and easily find vehicles that match their needs, view or modify upcoming reservations and manage trips on their calendars.
Enterprise Holdings, which owns the Alamo Rent A Car brand, as well as the Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental brands, is the world's largest car rental provider. The company is an industry leader in mobility and technology as well as one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies.
Seamless Customer Experience
Alamo's longstanding reputation as a technology innovator includes being one of the first car rental brands to offer self‑service kiosks to help airport customers get on the road faster. As a value-oriented, internationally recognized brand that serves the rental needs of airport leisure travelers at the most popular travel destinations throughout the world, Alamo was named one of the Top 5 Rental Car Providers by Travel + Leisure magazine this year. In fact, travel agents will also appreciate the additional convenience and security their customers have through the Alamo app, knowing they have immediate access to the details they need regarding their car rental.
The new Alamo app offers a robust menu of travel innovations including:
- Access to details to help manage current rentals including vehicle information and branch directions, tap-to-call features, gas station locations and more
- Notifications for arrival and after-hours assistance, as well as reservation and check-in reminders
- Ability to view third-party reservations on the go to keep up to date on trip details
- Alamo locations worldwide, including hours, phone numbers, directions and policies
- Help with Frequently Asked Questions, roadside assistance and 24/7 customer support
- Login to Alamo Insider accounts for easier reservations and discounts on base rates
- Availability in multiple languages and currencies for North America
Along with the debut of the Alamo app, another Enterprise Holdings' brand, National Car Rental, recently introduced a new digital platform with the launch of its new website last month.
National is Enterprise Holdings' premier car rental brand for frequent airport travelers. The new website offers travelers greater functionality designed to deliver a more seamless customer experience, including customized language and currency options for both local areas and destination sites.
In addition, Enterprise Holdings has invested in upgrades to the National mobile app, which decreased the number of clicks required to make a reservation and improved customers' ability to select vehicles in advance. The National app also gives travelers a single point of contact for managing all aspects of the rental experience, from reservation to return.
"It can be a real challenge for many of our Alamo, National and Enterprise customers to manage their work and family travel schedules and all the logistics of airlines and other travel options," said Don Moore, vice president of business rental sales and global corporate accounts for Enterprise Holdings. "And, that's why we build app and website features around the actual needs and concerns customers share with us every day, whether they're hitting the road for business or pleasure."
Enterprise Holdings' commitment to customer service is complemented by its continued focus on mobility, technology and innovation. In fact, the company is a leading venture capital investor in autonomous vehicle, mobility and travel technology businesses. As the mobility landscape evolves and customers' needs change, such investments have long-term potential to transform the company's business. Enterprise Holdings' industry‑leading technology initiatives currently include:
- Helping businesses run their truck fleets more efficiently and meet new federal operating standards with Enterprise Telematics.
- Participating in a New York City carsharing program that dedicates 309 parking spots in more than a dozen neighborhoods in four boroughs.
- Partnering with a company that is developing autonomous automotive options for communities across North America.
- Providing mobile tablet technology that digitizes rental transactions, eliminates administrative bottlenecks at rental counters and quickly delivers the kind of information and details that customers are looking for on-site.
Car rental providers like Enterprise Holdings, which operates 10,000 locations, deliver some of the most effective and sustainable options in ground transportation today, on and off the airport. In fact, the company's intuitive and multimodal neighborhood business model – all marketed under the Enterprise brand – features a wide variety of programs in addition to car rental, including retail car sales, truck rental, fleet management, exotic car rental, carsharing and vanpooling.
About Enterprise Holdings
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. Combined, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and owned nearly 2 million vehicles throughout the world in fiscal year 2018. Enterprise Holdings' regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ nearly 100,000 worldwide. Enterprise Holdings currently is ranked as one of America's Largest Private Companies. In addition, among all North American car rental companies, it has the lowest leverage ratio and is the only one with an investment-grade rating. Furthermore, if it were publicly traded, Enterprise Holdings would rank on Fortune's list of the 500 largest American public companies.
SOURCE Enterprise Holdings
For further information: Lisa Martini, Enterprise Holdings, [email protected], https://www.enterpriseholdings.com