Aviation, Tourism Executives to Discuss Travel, Route Development
MANCHESTER, England, July 30, 2015 /CNW/ -
The 21st World Route Development Forum converges in Durban, South Africa during 19 - 22 September, bringing senior leaders from aviation and tourism to address growth issues for an industry that generates nearly 10% of global Gross Domestic Product (GDP). Approximately 2,500 delegates from more than 100 countries are expected at World Routes in Durban, which is hosted by Tourism KwaZulu-Natal.
The event formally commences with the World Routes Strategy Summit on 20 and 21 September at the International Conference Centre in Durban, which is open to all attending delegates. More than 50 speakers from over 20 countries are confirmed to speak at the Summit, including Angela Gittens, Director General of ACI World; Nico Bezuidenhout, CEO of South African Airways; Tewolde Gebremariam, CEO of Ethiopian Airlines; David Scowsill, President & CEO of World Travel & Tourism Council; Giorgio Callegari, Deputy CEO of Aeroflot; and Richard Sealy, Minister of Tourism of Barbados and Chairman of the Caribbean Tourism Organization.
"World Routes is a must-attend event for the industry and the Strategy Summit is the only forum where senior leaders and key stakeholders from airlines, airports, tourism and government come together to participate in discussions that will set the commercial and political agenda for the industry," says Katie Bland, Director of Routes for UBM.
"A new daily long-haul flight by an airline can generate more than £130 million ($200 million) in economic activity for a community," Bland notes. "New air service is an economic boon, and the negotiations for those flights happen at World Routes."
The speakers and themes of the conference highlight a growing industry that generates 9.8% of world GDP and supports 277 million jobs, according to the World Travel & Tourism Council.
The Strategy Summit will bring together senior leaders and key stakeholders from aviation, airports and tourism under one roof to participate in discussions affecting aviation and travel today, such as route development, infrastructure, airport growth, security, visa restrictions, regulatory challenges and how new airline service will change a city's or a country's fortunes.
Additional speakers will represent IATA, Airbus, Boeing, Air China, Fastjet, Vueling, Tourism Australia, Visit Scotland, Malaysia Airports, China Business Network, Air Zimbabwe, VivaAerobus, Southwest Airlines, Brand USA, Condor, Kenya Airways, Visit Florida and SimpliFlying.
For more information and to register for World Routes in Durban visit http://www.routesonline.com
For more information about Tourism KwaZulu-Natal, visit http://www.zulu.org.za/
KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) in South Africa is a traveller's dream, with a perpetual subtropical climate and an average annual temperature of 21 C (70 F). In addition to its famous beaches, KZN province is known for its fishing, sailing, swimming, surfing and adventure activities at nearby wildlife parks.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester, UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM EMEA division of UBM plc.
- UBM EMEA connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premier brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM EMEA exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM EMEA Routes Ltd