TORONTO, June 24, 2016 /CNW/ - Morari Bapu, the world-renowned spiritual leader, will host a nine-day Katha/spiritual retreat in Toronto. The event, to be held July 2nd to 10th at the International Centre in Mississauga, is expected to attract more than 50,000 Canadian and International participants. It will also be broadcast and streamed live so that the global audience of more than 100 million people to whom his message has reached may connect to his universal mantra of Truth, Love and Compassion.
In a world where "terror" and "war" have become commonplace words and a threat to our very humanity, Morari Bapu's universal tenets spread a much-needed message of unity and peace – especially to young people. As today's youth increasingly abandon the mantle of religion, sometimes disillusioned with illogical decrees and gratuitous righteousness, it's no surprise that Bapu has so many devout, young followers who appreciate the modern perspective and freedom from the traditional binds of religion.
The Ramayana, the Hindu epic, forms the basis of Bapu's Katha, from which he draws examples, explaining and applying them to our modern life today. Just as he refers to the Ramayana, Bapu urges followers to be open in head and heart – evident each time he draws on teachings and wisdom of other religious texts including those from Christianity, quoting Islamic poets, delving into the life of Buddha and quoting from Socrates, Plato and other great people of humankind.
The purpose of this event in Canada is for Morari Bapu to shed light over the darkness of falsity, hatred and indifference, by bringing people together, irrespective of ethnicity, age, faith, or belief, on the premise of common humanity – and ultimately for World Peace.
About Morari Bapu
- Bapu is not associated with any other world religious leader or political party. He does not receive compensation for his Kathas.
- Starting with his first recital attended by three villagers in his home town in Gujarat, India in 1960, Bapu has now spoken to millions at over 750 nine-day events in every major city in India and in many countries around the world, including the United Kingdom, the Vatican City, and in the foothills of Mount Kailas in Tibet.
- In 1992, Bapu was given special permission to perform a Kora (circumference) around the United Nations building in New York City and the White House in Washington.
- Bapu has been felicitated by members of the Holy See in the Vatican City, the Prime Minister of India, the Prime Minister of the UK and many other global leaders.
- Bapu assembled a 2009 conference on World Religions, Dialogue and Harmony. The conference was led by His Holiness, the Dalai Lama. Religious leaders representing Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Islam and Christianity spoke about the fundamental principles of their beliefs and advocated continuous dialogue for establishing inter-faith harmony.
- In January 2016 at the memorial which marks the spot of Mahatma Gandhi's cremation, Indian President Pranab Mukherjee and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended Morari Bapu's Ram Katha.
SOURCE Toronto Ram Katha
For further information: TO BOOK INTERVIEWS, PLEASE CONTACT: 416.917.6002 or [email protected]