WisdomTree Japan Equity Index ETF and WisdomTree ICBCCS S&P China 500 Index ETF to commence trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange
TORONTO, Aug. 3, 2018 /CNW/ - WisdomTree Asset Management Canada, Inc. ("WisdomTree Canada") today announced the launch of two new exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Having completed the initial public offering of the hedged and non-hedged units of the WisdomTree Japan Equity Index ETF ("JAPN" and "JAPN.B") and the non-hedged units of the WisdomTree ICBCCS S&P China 500 Index ETF ("CHNA.B"), the new funds will commence trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") today.
WisdomTree Japan Equity Index ETF (TSX: JAPN & JAPN.B)
- The WisdomTree Japan Equity Index ETF seeks to track, to the extent possible, the price and yield performance of the WisdomTree Japan Equity Index CAD, before fees and expenses. The management fee for the Fund is 0.51% for hedged units and 0.48% for non-hedged units.
- The Fund provides exposure to dividend-paying stocks within Japan and traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange that derive less than 80% of their revenue from sources in the Japanese market. By excluding companies that derive 80% or more of their revenue from Japan, the Index is tilted towards companies with a more significant global revenue base.
- The hedged version of the Fund is designed to provide exposure to Japanese equity markets, while neutralizing exposure to fluctuations of the Japanese Yen movements relative to the Canadian dollar.
"Japan is a market that has been under-owned by investors for decades. However, across developed market economies, it represents a compelling opportunity as the Japanese economy is poised for growth, corporate fundamentals remain strong, valuations are cheap relative to Canada, and the Bank of Japan is likely to remain accommodative," said Jeff Weniger, WisdomTree Asset Allocation Strategist.
WisdomTree ICBCCS S&P China 500 Index ETF (TSX: CHNA.B)
- The WisdomTree ICBCCS S&P China 500 Index ETF seeks to track, to the extent possible, the price and yield performance of the S&P China 500 Index CAD, before fees and expenses. The management fee for the non-hedged units of the Fund is 0.55%.
- The Fund provides exposure to the S&P China 500 Index CAD, which selects the largest 500 eligible companies from the broader S&P Total China BMI Index, representing the entire universe of Chinese companies including A-Shares and offshore listings that meet eligible criteria.
- The underlying Index provides significant exposure to mainland China listings, with approximately 48.5% of the Index investing in China A-Shares as of June 30, 2018.
"The WisdomTree ICBCCS S&P China 500 Index ETF provides investors with the opportunity to efficiently access diverse sectors in one of the largest and fastest-growing economies in the world," said Mr. Weniger. "We expect to see China's economy expand further as the government increases integration efforts with global investors. Chinese equities are certainly an area where index-based concepts are in high demand."
WisdomTree's Canadian product suite covers Canadian, U.S., European and international equities in developed and emerging markets as well as Canadian fixed income. The funds provide Canadian investors with the opportunity to gain exposure to equity and fixed income asset classes through innovative, dividend-focused methodologies while managing foreign currency exposure through a variety of hedged, unhedged and variably hedged strategies.
Further information about the Funds can be found at www.wisdomtree.ca.
The WisdomTree ETFs listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange are managed by WisdomTree Asset Management Canada, Inc. Commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investing in WisdomTree ETFs. Please read the relevant prospectus, which is available at wisdomtree.ca before investing. WisdomTree ETFs are not guaranteed. Their values change frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The S&P China 500 Index CAD (the "Index") underlying the WisdomTree ICBCCS S&P China 500 Index ETF (the "Fund") managed by WisdomTree Asset Management Canada, Inc. (the "Manager") is proprietary to S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC ("S&P DJI"). S&P® and the names identifying the Index are trademarks of Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC and have been licensed for use by S&P DJI and sublicensed for certain purposes by the Manager. The Fund based on the Index is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by S&P DJI, its affiliates or licensors and those parties make no representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the advisability of investing in securities generally or in the Fund particularly or the ability of the Index to track general market performance.
WisdomTree Investments, Inc., through its subsidiaries in the U.S., Europe, Japan and Canada (collectively, "WisdomTree"), is an exchange-traded fund ("ETF") and exchange-traded product ("ETP") sponsor and asset manager headquartered in New York. WisdomTree offers products covering equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities and alternative strategies. WisdomTree currently has approximately US$60.2 billion in assets under management globally.
SOURCE WisdomTree Asset Management Canada, Inc.
For further information: Canada Media: NATIONAL Public Relations, Amie Lauder, +1.416.848.1943, [email protected]; Contact Information: WisdomTree Asset Management Canada, Inc., 161 Bay Street, 27th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5J 2S1, +1.416.304.9225 / +1.866.893.8733, [email protected]