– With overnight data, THE ODD COUPLE becomes the top comedy debut since 2012, and the #2 new show premiere of the season –
– There was no Charlie Sheen, but the series finale of TWO AND A HALF MEN saw a season-high audience of 2.5 million viewers –
– CTV has the Top 5 programs of the night Thursday with total viewers and in the key A18-34 and A18-49 demos –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/17BCNvH
TORONTO, Feb. 20, 2015 /CNW/ - It was a winning Thursday for CTV as comedy reigned supreme with 2.4 million viewers watching the series premiere of THE ODD COUPLE, making it the top comedy debut since ANGER MANAGEMENT in 2012 preliminary overnight data from Numeris (BBM Canada) confirms. THE ODD COUPLE also becomes the #1 new comedy as well as the #2 new series premiere of the season, behind only HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. THE ODD COUPLE led into the series finale of TWO AND A HALF MEN, which won its timeslot with a season-high audience of 2.5 million, ranking #2 for the day behind THE BIG BANG THEORY. CTV's entire Thursday night line-up, including THE ODD COUPLE premiere and the series finale of TWO AND A HALF MEN, are available on demand on CTV.ca and CTV GO.
**Media Note** Photography from Thursday night's programming is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
A closer look at Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data for Thursday:
- CTV led every hour of primetime from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. with the Top 5 programs among total viewers, and the key A18-34 and A18-49 demos, with THE BIG BANG THEORY, TWO AND A HALF MEN, THE ODD COUPLE, GREY'S ANATOMY, and HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER.
- The TWO AND A HALF MEN series finale grew in its second half-hour among total viewers and in all the key adult demos.
- CTV had the Top 3 programs of the day Thursday in all metered markets with THE BIG BANG THEORY, TWO AND A HALF MEN, and THE ODD COUPLE.
In next week's new episode of THE ODD COUPLE entitled "The Ghostwriter" (Thursday, Feb. 26 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV), when Oscar (Matthew Perry) is hired to ghostwrite the autobiography of a retired baseball player, Felix (Thomas Lennon) offers his "help" by advising Murph (Geoff Stults, ENLISTED) to go in a different direction, making Oscar's job more difficult.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
- CTV -
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada), overnight vs. overnight.