- Post London 2012 launch stunt is also the top August audience on record -
- 5.6 million viewers tune in to some part or all of the sneak peek viewing -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/RaVInL
TORONTO, Aug. 13, 2012 /CNW/ - Charlie Sheen is back on top. Following CTV's live coverage of the LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES CLOSING CEREMONY, 2.9 million Canadians watched a special sneak peek of CTV's highly-anticipated new comedy ANGER MANAGEMENT, making it the most-watched debut of any new series on Canadian television this broadcast year (September 2011 to date) and the #1 August audience on record*. The strategically scheduled sneak peek stunt out of the biggest television event in the world saw 5.6 million viewers tuning in to some part or all of the pilot episode.
Among key demos, ANGER MANAGEMENT did extremely well with A18-49, delivering 1.3 million viewers. In Toronto, it captured notable double-digit ratings with all key adult demos (13.1, A18-34; 11.7, A18-49; 12.5, A25-54). The sneak peek drew massive shares of 42% to 44% among the key A25-54 and A18-49 demos, meaning more than two out of every five viewers watching television caught the premiere. Even more impressive, the premiere was a must-watch among the key adults aged 18-34, where nearly one in two viewers (49% share) watching television were tuned to the premiere.
For those who missed it, viewers can catch encore presentations of last night's ANGER MANAGEMENT sneak peek episode as follows:
- The pilot encores tonight, Monday, August 13 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV
- The Comedy Network premieres the episode tomorrow, Tuesday, August 14 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- Then, starting Wednesday, August 15 at 9 a.m. ET, the pilot will be available on demand across CTV's digital platforms - CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV, and through the network's on-demand cable partners, such as Bell FIBE
ANGER MANAGEMENT airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT this Fall, beginning Sept. 11.
**Media Note** Photography is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV, Canada's Olympic Network, is also Canada's largest private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV is Canada's most-watched television network and lead broadcaster of the London 2012 Olympic Games. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at ctv.ca
Source: BBM Canada CTV electronic audience databases incorporate data beginning in 1994.
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
For further information: