1113 MW added to White's renewable energy portfolio
CLINTON, Ind., March 14, 2013 /CNW/ - White Construction Inc. and its Canadian subsidiary H.B. White Canada Corporation constructed 1,113 MW of renewable energy projects in 2012. White provides engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for wind and solar energy generating facilities and is a subsidiary of Infrastructure and Energy Alternatives, LLC (IEA).
White Construction Inc. and H.B. White Canada Corporation completed the following renewable energy projects in 2012:
- 31.5 MW Amherst Wind Farm for Suzlon / Sprott Power in Nova Scotia, Canada
- 150.4 MW Pioneer Trail Wind Farm for E.ON Climate and Renewables in Illinois
- 99 MW East Lake St. Clair Wind Farm for International Power in Ontario, Canada
- 120 MW Tuscola Bay Wind Farm for Nextera Energy in Michigan
- 100.8 MW Lake Winds Energy Park for Consumer's Energy in Michigan
- 200 MW Wildcat Wind Farm for E-ON Climate and Renewables in Indiana
- 200 MW California Ridge Wind Farm for Invenergy in Illinois
- 60 MW Harvest II Wind Farm for Exelon Wind in Michigan
- 40 MW High Mesa Wind Farm for Exelon Wind in Idaho
- 81.6 MW Beebe Wind Farm for Exelon Wind in Michigan
- 9.9 MW Epic Wind Farm for The Morse Group in Wisconsin
- 20 MW Grand Ridge Solar Farm for Invenergy in Illinois
White worked over 1.5 million hours in 2012, and the company's Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) came in at 1.66 and its Experience Modification Rate (EMR) came in at 0.79, well below the industry averages of 3.5 and 1.0, respectively.
The companies of IEA have institutionalized a culture of safety, enabling them to operate in the most stringent and challenging work environments. "The supply chain logistics of the industry were heavily stretched with the expiration of the production tax credit (PTC) on December 31, 2012," said Buddy White, President. "Significant high wind events required crews to work on a compressed schedule to meet the tight deadline. White's construction teams were able to safely complete one hundred percent of our work commitments before the PTC expiration."
About White Construction, Inc.
White Construction, Inc. is an established heavy civil construction contractor providing a range of traditional, design-build, and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services across North America. White provides these services in a variety of markets including fossil and renewable energy power, petrochemical and other heavy industrial markets, as well as local, state and federal infrastructure. White Construction is ISO 9001 certified and manages many difficult projects utilizing industry innovative methods while upholding the highest standards of safety and quality. Established in 1947, White's corporate headquarters remain in Clinton, Indiana and the headquarters of its Canadian subsidiary, H.B. White Canada Corporation are located in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. White Construction Inc. is a subsidiary of Infrastructure and Energy Alternatives, LLC (IEA). For more information visit www.whiteconstruction.com
SOURCE: White Construction Inc.
For further information:
Alyson Hanson, Director of Marketing, +1-765-832-8526, firstname.lastname@example.org
PRN Photo Desk, email@example.com