EY sources available for budget insights and commentary
OTTAWA, Feb. 20, 2018 /CNW/ - With the next federal election just twenty months away and only one more budget remaining before then, the 27 February 2018 federal budget announcement is expected to address ongoing government priorities and tie-up loose ends. What will Canadian businesses likely see? EY Canada leaders anticipate matters of private company tax reform, investment in innovation, attention to gender equality and a potential response to US tax reform or conflict between provinces to come into focus.
Our seasoned business and tax professionals are available to offer insights across industries and regions on budget day and shortly after.
Federal budget topics for discussion may include:
- Further details on private corporation tax planning reforms
- Passive investment income tax changes
- SR&ED tax incentives or spending
- Changes in the taxation of capital gains
- Investment in green or environmental innovations
- Policy to encourage gender equality
- Further details on the Indigenous Recognition and Implementation of Rights Framework
- Response to US tax reform impact
- Trade policy update in light of stalled NAFTA negotiations
- Interprovincial trade measures
- Infrastructure spending across Canada
- Update on OECD BEPS international aggressive tax planning measures
- Further details on cannabis legalization
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
SOURCE EY (Ernst & Young)
For further information: To reach a spokesperson, or for more information, please contact: Sarah Shields, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604 891 8235; Victoria McQueen, email@example.com, 416 943 3141; Camille Larivière, camille.larivière@ca.ey.com, 514 879 8021