Enhanced WestJet Rewards makes it easier to earn and enjoy program benefits
CALGARY, Feb. 6, 2017 /CNW/ - WestJet today launched its enhanced and energized WestJet Rewards program which offers a simplified user experience and the ability to earn more rewards, faster.
"We have been continuously working to make WestJet Rewards the best rewards program available to Canadians, and these changes reflect these efforts," said Marshall Wilmot, WestJet Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Digital. "As of today, WestJet Rewards has no more anniversary earn rate resets, no more changing earn rates at different spend levels, three easy-to-understand tiers and lower qualification to the Silver tier. We are known for listening to our guests and this program is tailor-made to meet the needs of travellers, making it easier than ever to receive flight benefits and travel for business or pleasure with WestJet."
Updated program highlights effective today:
- WestJet flights and vacation packages earn rates tied to tier status at time of flight date.
- Teal members earn one per cent back on flights flown and 0.5 per cent back on vacation packages.
- Silver members earn three per cent back on flights flown and one per cent back on vacation packages.
- Gold members earn five per cent back on flights flown and one per cent back on vacation packages.
- A simplified structure for Teal, with one set of earn rates on flights and vacation packages.
- A reduced spend to reach the Silver tier – $1,000 less than the previous requirement.
- A new priority support phone number, available to Gold members exclusively through the WestJet app.
- Milestone awards continue to be tied to qualifying flight spend in any given qualifying year.
Please visit WestJet Rewards FAQs for more details. Gold flight benefits for eligible WestJet Rewards members include two free checked bags, advance boarding, no fee for same-day flight changes at check-in, 10 airport lounge vouchers, four advance seat selection vouchers, priority security screening at select airports and a priority support number. WestJet Rewards membership is available on WestJet.com.
We are proud to be Canada's most trusted airline, powered by an award-winning culture of care and recognized as one of the country's top employers. WestJet, and our regional airline, WestJet Encore, offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. Through our partnerships with airlines representing every major region of the world, we offer our guests more than 150 destinations in more than 20 countries. Leveraging WestJet's extensive network, flight schedule and remarkable guest experience, WestJet Vacations delivers affordable, flexible travel experiences with a variety of accommodation options for every guest. Members of our WestJet Rewards program earn WestJet dollars on flights, vacation packages and more. Our members use WestJet dollars towards the purchase of WestJet flights and vacations packages on any day, at any time, to any WestJet destination with no blackout periods ̶ even on seat sales. For more information about everything WestJet, please visit westjet.com.
Recent recognition includes:
2016 Canada's Most Trusted Airline (Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria)
2016 Canada's most reputable company for Corporate Social Responsibility (Reputation Institute)
2016/2015/2014/2013/2012 Ranked top three for Canadian Brands (Canadian Business Magazine)
2016/2015/2014/2013 WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard ranked #1 in Canada (MoneySense magazine)
2015/2011/2010/2008/2007/2006/2005 Canada's Most Admired Corporate Culture (Waterstone Human Capital)
2015 Best Employers in Canada (Aon Hewitt)
For further information: Media contacts: To contact WestJet media relations, please email email@example.com.