Airline adds 28 more flights to domestic, transborder and international destinations out of Toronto
CALGARY, Jan. 29, 2018 /CNW/ - WestJet today announced that it has again enhanced its schedule and connectivity out of its Toronto hub to key business and tourism destinations in Canada, the U.S. Mexico and the Caribbean, adding 28 more weekly flights.
"WestJet is again providing additional service to benefit both the business traveller as well as the leisure guest," said Brian Znotins, WestJet Vice-President, Network Planning, Alliances and Corporate Development. "This additional service means business travellers will be able to take advantage of increased frequencies and more convenient schedules, while vacationers will also have more flights to choose from for their getaways with friends and family this summer. And as one of the only a handful of airlines globally that doesn't overbook, when you pay for a seat, you get a seat."
Details of WestJet's increased service from Toronto:
- Toronto-Ottawa, 76 to 85 times weekly (13 times each business day).
- Toronto-Montreal, from 88 to 93 times weekly (14 times each business day).
- Toronto-Saskatoon, from 10 to 12 times weekly.
- Toronto-Victoria, from three to four times weekly.
- Toronto-Cancun, from nine to 10 times weekly.
- Toronto-Montego Bay, from 10 to 11 times weekly.
- Toronto-Nassau, from four to five times weekly.
- Toronto-Puerto Plata, from two to three times weekly.
- Toronto-Punta Cana, from five to six times weekly.
- Toronto-Fort Myers, from four to five times weekly.
This summer, WestJet will operate an average of 128 daily flights from Toronto, reflecting a 25 per cent growth in capacity from its Toronto Pearson hub since 2013.
"The growth of WestJet's business out of Toronto Pearson over the last few years is an excellent indication not only of the rising demand for air travel in Ontario, but also of the strong partnership that we have developed," said Kim Stangeby, Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer at the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. "WestJet's objectives align well with Toronto Pearson's commitment to connecting the world, and this summer's additional service will ensure that business and leisure travellers alike can more easily connect to key destinations in Canada and beyond."
The service is part of the airline's seasonal schedule for the summer of 2018. In addition to the above increases to Toronto service, highlights of WestJet's 2018 summer schedule include:
- New non-stop daily service from Halifax to Paris and London (Gatwick).
- The addition of almost 200 flights including 60 to Vancouver, 72 to Calgary and 28 to Toronto.
- New non-stop four-time weekly service between Calgary and Whitehorse.
- Additional flights from Vancouver to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Edmonton, Kelowna, Ottawa, Regina, Fort St. John and Victoria.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of transborder and sun destinations including Nashville, Cancun, Dallas / Ft. Worth and Las Vegas.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of domestic destinations including Nanaimo, Edmonton, Halifax, Kelowna, Fort McMurray, Windsor, Grand Prairie, Montreal, Abbotsford, Penticton and Victoria.
- An increase of 24 weekly flights between Vancouver and Calgary for a total of 16 times daily, with hourly service in both directions (top of the hour from Vancouver, and bottom of the hour from Calgary).
- Additional flights from Edmonton to a number of transborder and domestic destinations including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Kelowna, Fort McMurray and Saskatoon.
- An increase of 14 weekly flights between Edmonton and Calgary for a total of 12 times daily.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Fort Myers.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian destinations including Ottawa, Montreal, Saskatoon and Victoria.
- An increase of nine new weekly flights between Toronto and Ottawa for a total of 13 times daily.
- An increase of nine weekly flights between Toronto and Montreal for a total of 14 times daily.
This summer, WestJet will operate an average of 765 daily flights to 92 destinations including 43 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 23 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and four in Europe.
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet's 2018 summer schedule, please visit westjet.com/flight-schedules-new.
WestJet is proud to be named Best Airline in Canada and one of the best Low Cost Airlines in North America, based on authentic reviews from the travelling public on Trip Advisor, the world's largest travel site. We are one of very few airlines globally that does not commercially overbook. Together with our regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships. WestJet Vacations offers affordable, flexible vacations to more than 60 destinations and the choice of more than 800 hotels, resorts, condos and villas. Members of the WestJet Rewards program earn WestJet dollars on flights, vacation packages and more. Members use WestJet dollars towards the purchase of flights and vacations packages to any WestJet destination with no blackout periods, and have access to Member Exclusive fares offering deals to WestJet destinations throughout our network and those of our partner airlines.
Recent recognition includes:
2017 Five-Star Airline in the Low-Cost Category (The Airline Passenger Experience Association)
2017/2016 Canada's Most Trusted Airline (Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria)
2017 Best Airline in Canada and Travellers' Choice Winner Mid-Sized and Low Cost Airlines – North America (TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice awards for Airlines)
2016 Canada's most reputable company for Corporate Social Responsibility (Reputation Institute)
2016/2015/2014/2013/2012 Ranked top three for Canadian Brands (Canadian Business Magazine)
2016/2015/2014/2013 WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard ranked #1 in Canada (MoneySense magazine)
2015/2011/2010/2008/2007/2006/2005 Canada's Most Admired Corporate Culture (Waterstone Human Capital)
2015 Best Employers in Canada (Aon Hewitt)
Connect with WestJet on Facebook at facebook.com/westjet
Follow WestJet on Twitter at twitter.com/westjet
Follow WestJet on Instagram instagram.com/westjet/
Subscribe to WestJet on YouTube at youtube.com/westjet
Read the WestJet blog at blog.westjet.com
For further information: Media contacts: To contact WestJet media relations, please email email@example.com.