Canada's low-fare leader invests in communities across the country
CALGARY, July 25, 2016 /CNW/ - WestJet announced today it will add dozens of new flights to its growing domestic and international networks as part of its 2016-2017 winter schedule, enhancing service for leisure and business travellers.
"WestJet has been Canada's low-fare leader for 20 years with a proven track record of bringing safe, affordable and stress-free air travel to communities across the country," said Bob Cummings, WestJet Executive Vice-President, Commercial. "The addition of dozens of new flights demonstrates our commitment to invest in communities and serve Canadians now and in the future, a commitment backed by our established, trusted brand and caring, people-driven service. These increases enable communities to stimulate development, improve infrastructure and grow their economies. As our network of more than 100 destinations in over 20 countries continues to expand, we remain committed to offering our guests more choices, better connectivity and the opportunity to fly with Canada's highest-rated airline for customer service."
Highlights of WestJet's 2016-2017 winter schedule:
- New non-stop weekly service between Regina and Orlando, Florida, effective October 27, 2016.
- New flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian and international destinations including Vancouver, Ottawa, Moncton, Myrtle Beach, Aruba, Kingston (Jamaica), San Jose and Liberia (Costa Rica), Port of Spain and St. Martin.
- An increase of 41 new weekly flights between Vancouver and Kelowna, Prince George, Toronto, Honolulu, Cancun, Cabo San Lucas and Los Angeles.
- Kelowna will see 19 new flights per week to Vancouver and two additional weekly flights to Calgary.
- Service from Halifax will increase with seven additional weekly flights to Sydney, Nova Scotia, and daily flights added this summer scheduled to continue through the winter.
- Extension of existing seasonal services through the winter, including Vancouver-Montreal, and Toronto to Gander, Nashville, Los Angeles and Brandon.
- Additional flights from Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg to domestic and international destinations.
- As previously announced, non-stop service to London Gatwick from Calgary and Toronto will operate on year-round basis through the winter.
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet's 2016-2017 winter schedule, please visit www.westjet.com/winterschedule.
This winter, WestJet will operate an average of 642 daily flights to 95 destinations including 36 in Canada, 25 in the United States and 34 in Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America and Europe. Combining summer and winter routes, this year WestJet will operate an average of 639 daily flights to 101 destinations including 38 in Canada, 27 in the United States and 36 in Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America and Europe.
WestJet Vacations provides affordable, reliable and easy-to-book travel experiences to 64 destinations in 20 countries, including the Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Mexico and United States.
We are proud to be Canada's highest-rated airline for customer service, powered by an award-winning culture of care and recognized as one of the country's top employers. We offer scheduled service to 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. Through our regional airline, WestJet Encore, and with partnerships with airlines representing every major region of the world, we offer our guests more than 150 destinations in more than 20 countries. Leveraging WestJet's extensive network, flight schedule and remarkable guest experience, WestJet Vacations delivers affordable, flexible travel experiences with a variety of accommodation options for every guest. Members of our WestJet Rewards program earn WestJet dollars on flights, vacation packages and more. Our members use WestJet dollars towards the purchase of WestJet flights and vacations packages on any day, at any time, to any WestJet destination with no blackout periods ̶ even on seat sales. For more information about everything WestJet, please visit westjet.com.
Recent recognition includes:
2015/2011/2010/2008/2007/2006/2005 Canada's Most Admired Corporate Culture (Waterstone Human Capital)
2015 Best Employers in Canada (Aon Hewitt)
2015/2014/2013 WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard ranked #1 in Canada (MoneySense magazine)
2014/2013 WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard ranked #1 in the Canada's Choice ranking
2014 Interbrand Canada's Best Canadian Brands (Rank #20)
2014 Brands of the Year (Strategy magazine)
2014 Canada's Most Preferred Airline (Ipsos)
2014 Value Airline of the Year (Air Transport World magazine)
2014/2013/2012 Canada's Most Attractive Employer (Randstad)
2014/2013/2012/2011 Highest equity score: airline, vacation package supplier brands (Harris/Decima EquiTrend Study)
For further information: Media contacts: To contact WestJet media relations, please email [email protected]