OTTAWA, May 20 2015 /CNW/ - On 3 June 2015, Claigan Environmental Inc. (www.claigan.com) will present a webinar on the new RoHS amendment adding four phthalates to the list of restricted substances. This webinar will cover the specifics of the new amendment, the practical considerations, and how to effectively roll these new requirements into product compliance.
On 20 April 2015, the Council of the European Union approved the text of two amendments to the RoHS Directive, adding four phthalates (DEHP, BBP, DBP, and DIBP) to the homogenous materials restrictions of the RoHS Directive. These amendments are expected to be published in the Official Journal of the European Union in June of 2015, and will place new restrictions on phthalates in electrical and electronic equipment starting in July of 2019.
Topics to be covered:
- Substance restrictions
- Restriction timelines for different product types
- Managing two different and active RoHS requirements
- Materials commonly using phthalates
- Developing a plan and timeline
- Managing customer inquiries
- Implementing requirements into part specifications and part changes
- Implementing requirements into new product design
- Planning for product conversion
- Leveraging REACH information
- Near term and long term strategies
Due to the expected interest in this topic, two (2) webinars are being held on June 3rd to accommodate a larger audience.
Webinar - RoHS Amendment on Phthalates
Date: 3 June 2015
Time: 10 am and 2 pm Eastern
Duration: 1 hour plus Q&A
Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/2875523439756270337 or on Claigan Website at http://www.claigan.com/signup.php
About Claigan Environmental (www.claigan.com)
Claigan is a leading provider of compliance and testing solutions for RoHS, REACH SVHC, California Proposition 65, Conflict Minerals, and related global restriction materials requirements. Claigan is dedicated to providing practical solutions for restricted materials compliance, product safety, and component engineering. At Claigan, we believe in 'More Results. Less Journey.'
SOURCE Claigan Environmental Inc.