Built on the .CA D-Zone Anycast DNS, new service adds speed and resiliency to DNS and website requests
MONTREAL, Dec. 21, 2015 /CNW/ - Web Hosting Canada has selected the .CA D-Zone Anycast DNS from the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) to deliver a Canadian-first DNS service for small businesses.
- This made-in-Canada DNS solution, combined with a newly built cloud server infrastructure and web hosting solutions with datacentres on both the east and west coast of Canada, completes Web Hosting Canada's portfolio of Canadian-focused hosting services.
- Web Hosting Canada is delivering their Canadian customers enhanced protection from DDoS attack against their DNS. With a global network of servers and an expansive Canadian footprint, the .CA solution also helps to reduce latency for websites and improves the performance of web applications for Canadian users.
- Although the Internet is a global market, according to research from the Strategic Council published in the 2015 .CA Factbook, 77% of Canadian Internet users support Canadian business whenever possible. Creating a compelling and Canadian web presence can help give companies an advantage and with .CA domains, Canadian-based servers, and made-in-Canada DNS, Web Hosting Canada can help small businesses ensure that their Internet footprint is firmly rooted in Canada.
"As Canadian entrepreneurs ourselves, the Web Hosting Canada team is keenly aware of the unique needs that many Canadian businesses have. We have designed hosting, cloud and DNS solutions that are not only based in Canada, but designed to help Canadian businesses succeed online."
- Emil Falcon, CEO at Web Hosting Canada
"Many global DNS and hosting providers ignore the Canadian market. As part of our role in encouraging a better Canadian Internet, CIRA has been a long-time champion of infrastructure options built for Canada first. We are pleased that Web Hosting Canada sees the value in investing in Canada and is helping small businesses choose technology solutions that are closer to home."
- Dave Chiswell, vice president of product development at CIRA
About CIRA and .CA
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. A Member-driven organization, CIRA also develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community, and represents the .CA registry internationally.
About Web Hosting Canada
Web Hosting Canada (WHC) is a privately-owned Canadian technology & IT infrastructure company based out of Montreal, Quebec, working to help Canadian small businesses succeed online. Operating out of multiple Canadian datacenters in Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia, and leveraging the use of worldwide CDNs, WHC strives to strike the perfect balance by providing Canadian-centric services with a global reach.
SOURCE Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
For further information: For more information or interview requests: Ryan Saxby Hill, Communications manager, [email protected], 613-316-2397; Felix Lépine, Communications Coordinator, Web Hosting Canada, [email protected], 514-504-2113 x7171