Roster of experienced Weather Network personalities hits the air today
OAKVILLE, ON, Dec. 8, 2014 /CNW/ - Beginning today, Canadians will see new faces delivering weather reports on CBC News Network and CBC-TV News properties as the partnership between The Weather Network and CBC News kicks off. The content-sharing agreement, announced last month, brings together two of Canada's leading sources for weather, news and information.
"We're excited to launch the partnership today and introduce some of our most popular weather personalities to a broader audience," said Maureen Rogers, Managing Director at The Weather Network. "Canadians who watch CBC News can count on our experienced team to deliver the most accurate, up-to-date and local weather reports in an engaging and informative manner."
The Weather Network has a team of more than 40 meteorologists that update its forecasts more often than any other media source in the country. These experts work around the clock with some of the most advanced forecasting systems in the world to allow The Weather Network to create accurate and reliable forecasts.
These six skilled and engaging weather experts will provide weather reports to CBC News Network and CBC Television News properties:
- Suzanne Leonard will deliver weather at the end of The National, Monday to Wednesday and Saturday to Sunday. Suzanne also brings her warm and intelligent presentation style to CBC News Toronto Saturday and Sunday. With a passion for communication, meteorology and news, Suzanne has been a mainstay on The Weather Network's broadcast schedule since 1998. She holds a bachelor's degree in Radio and Television Arts from Ryerson University and teaches television production at Sheridan College. Suzanne is accredited by the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society.
- Chris St. Clair will provide weather reports at the end of The National, Thursday and Friday as well as appear on CBC News Network Saturday and Sunday mornings. With one of the longest tenures on air, Chris is one of the most popular personalities at The Weather Network. He also has the distinction of being voted Canada's Most Dependable Weatherman. Chris' book "Canada's Weather" is a national bestseller.
- Kim MacDonald will add her bright smile at the end of The National on Saturdays and to CBC News Network Saturday and Sunday in the afternoon. Kim joined The Weather Network in 1998 and has since become a favourite of viewers. Kim attended Brock University and Niagara College.
- Chris Murphy will bring his passion and energy for weather to CBC News Network Monday to Friday mornings. A graduate of Seneca College, Chris joined The Weather Network in 1999 and has reported on all kinds of weather. He loves the challenge of analyzing and discussing weather models with the meteorologists. Chris is accredited by the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society.
- Chris Mei will provide weather to CBC News Network Monday to Friday afternoons. Chris brings energy and humour to all his reporting. He joined The Weather Network in 2006 bringing with him more than 10 years of radio and television experience. Chris attended Mohawk College and the Second City Comedy Improv School. He's accredited by the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society.
- Jaclyn Whittal's weather reports will appear on CBC News Network Monday to Friday afternoons. Jaclyn is an experienced broadcaster and a self-described "severe weather junkie" who has been with The Weather Network since 2012. She studied meteorology at Mississippi State University and is part of The Weather Network's "Storm Chasers" team which travels around tornado alley bringing reports of volatile weather patterns.
CBC News Express clips for eight Canadian airports will be updated by all the weather experts from The Weather Network.
In addition to The Weather Network providing weather forecasts on these select CBC News television properties, it also gains access to CBC News weather-related stories, analysis, and video content for use across its television, web and mobile platforms.
About Pelmorex Media Inc.
Celebrating 25 years, Pelmorex Media Inc. is the parent company of The Weather Network, MétéoMédia, Beat the Traffic and Eltiempo.es. Pelmorex operates in Canada, US, Spain and the UK. The Weather Network and its French counterpart MétéoMédia are Canada's most popular weather and information services on TV, web and smartphone apps. Pelmorex owns Eltiempo, Spain's leading multi-platform weather information provider. With strong roots in weather, we continue to leverage technology and science to help consumers plan their day by expanding the Pelmorex family to include Beat the Traffic, a leading multi-platform brand that finds the fastest route from point A to point B. Pelmorex also operates Canada's National Alerting Aggregation and Dissemination System (NAADS) which aggregates and distributes emergency alerts issued by authorized government agencies. Pelmorex has been named Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for eight consecutive years.
For more information please visit: pelmorex.com
SOURCE: The Weather Network
For further information: For further information, or to request interviews, contact: Rachel Douglas, Manager, Communications, Pelmorex Media, Tel: 905-829-1159, [email protected]