Holiday Helper Workshop makes toy shopping easier with pop-up locations across the GTA
TORONTO, Nov. 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Today, Walmart Canada unveiled its first-ever Holiday Helper Workshop, a pop-up experience where Torontonians can play with, live-purchase, and send this season's hottest toys directly to their homes, with the added gift of free shipping.*
Walmart Canada, a top toy destination for the holiday season, unveiled the festive traveling space just prior to Toronto's Santa Claus Parade, allowing customers to try out some of the latest and hottest toys from some of the top toy brands including LEGO®, Spinmaster, Hasbro, Mattel and Funrise. Walmart's Holiday Helper Workshop is currently located downtown Toronto at the southwest corner of Bay and Wellington, and will remain there until Friday, November 21 before it travels to its next surprise location.
"We wanted to create a joyful holiday gifting solution for customers who may not have easy access to a Walmart store," said Cheri Anthony, director of merchandising, toys at Walmart Canada. "We worked closely with our partners to bring the featured toys to life, giving customers the chance to play with these toys, purchase them on-site, and cross a few gifts off their to-do list."
At Walmart's Holiday Helper Workshop, customers will enjoy Walmart's Great Value Hot Chocolate, Our Finest Candy Cane Cookies, and the opportunity to take home a photo with Holiday Helper mascot, Evan the Elf, in front of the picturesque North Pole.
The workshop will pop up at four locations across the Greater Toronto Area from November 16 to December 21, 2014. For tips on locations, follow Walmart Canada and #HolidayHelper on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Those who can't make it down to any of the Holiday Helper Workshop stops can visit www.walmart.ca/holidayhelper for online exclusives and free shipping.*
Walmart Holiday Helper Workshop features some of this season's newest and hottest toys:
- LEGO® City Arctic – Arctic Outpost: Drive out into remote areas with the mobile LEGO® City Arctic Outpost and investigate the secrets of the ice in its high-tech laboratory!
- Simon Swipe Game: Swipe the lights to conquer the colors in this challenging Simon Swipe game!
- Thomas & Friends TrackMaster Avalanche: Thomas must navigate a risky mountaintop track.
- Zoomer Dino: Control him if you can! Boomer is the incredible Zoomer Dino that only you can tame!
- Tonka Rescue Force: Take playtime to the extreme with these colossal, free-wheeling Tonka vehicles! These vehicles are fully equipped lights and sounds to handle even the biggest imaginations.
- LEGO® Friends – Jungle Rescue Base: Co-ordinate your animal rescue missions at the Jungle Rescue Base!
- FunReal Friends Get Up & GoGo My Walkin' Pup Pet: A day together is the best day ever with the adorable Get Up and GoGo My Walkin' Pup Pet!
- Barbie® Sisters Go Camping™ Camper: Hours of playtime are packed into one stylish vehicle. The camper has enough room to sleep all four sisters.
- Chatsters – Abigail Interactive Doll, Walmart exclusive: Whoooaa, HELLO! Meet Abigail – She's the ultimate fashionista that chats, dances and plays with all her accessories.
*Standard shipping option only. Free shipping excludes some remote markets. If available, free shipping options are shown at the checkout.
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 391 locations nationwide serving more than one million customers each day, as well as its flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, which is visited by over 400,000 Canadians daily. With more than 90,000 associates, Walmart is one of Canada's largest employers and is ranked one of Canada's top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada is focused on supporting families in need. Since 1994, the company has donated and raised more than $200 million to Canadian charities and not-for-profit organizations. Additional company information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada.
Image with caption: "Walmart Canada brings the magic of Christmas to downtown Toronto with a first-of-its-kind toy pop-up store featuring some of this season's hottest toys for kids. (CNW Group/Walmart Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141116_C5406_PHOTO_EN_8102.jpg
Image with caption: "Walmart Canada brings the magic of Christmas to downtown Toronto with a first-of-its-kind toy pop-up store featuring some of this season's hottest toys for kids. (CNW Group/Walmart Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141116_C5406_PHOTO_EN_8103.jpg
SOURCE: Walmart Canada
For further information: For more information or to book an interview, please contact: Felicia Fefer, Walmart Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 416-209-6748; Jennifer Stein, APEX Public Relations, email@example.com, Tel: 416-934-2111, Cell: 289-314-4836