Walmart's Toy Academy uses trends and reviews to give Canadians the inside scoop on the toys kids are hoping to find under the tree this holiday season
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 1, 2018 /CNW/ - The unofficial kick-off to the holiday season is here! Walmart Canada today revealed its Top Toys of 2018 through Toy Academy, the retailer's online platform, featuring helpful and easy-to-use lists of this season's "it" toys.
Now, it's faster and easier to pick out and buy this year's must-have toys. Walmart's Toy Academy offers curated toy lists based on budget, interests and age range. Lists include: top 25 toys of 2018, top toys under $20, top toys under $50, as well as the best STEM toys, top preschooler picks, stocking stuffers and much more. All the season's most popular toys are available to purchase both in-store and online.
"Walmart Toy Academy is the perfect resource for finding the season's top toys at low prices every day, no matter the age, stage or interest," said Maria Garofalo, senior director of toys and chief toy officer at Walmart Canada. "Our team of toy experts tracks trends and reviews to inform our top toy lists, which in turn helps parents track down this season's "it" toys for their kids."
Top Toys of 2018 include:
- Barbie Dreamhouse Playset (ages three to 12) The classic Barbie Dreamhouse opens a world of possibilities with three floors, seven rooms and an elevator. The ultimate dollhouse experience, the style can be customized and includes all of Barbie's signature, trendy details
- L.O.L. Bigger Surprise (ages five to seven) The ultimate unboxing experience, this jam-packed collection includes more than 60 never before seen surprises inside, including exclusive doll and accessories
- LEGO Harry Potter - Newt´s Case of Magical Creatures (ages eight to 11) The magic of LEGO and Harry Potter combine in this immersive world, which includes four mini figures, buildable magical creatures and more
- PAW Patrol Marshall's Firetruck Toy Vehicle and Action Figure (ages two to four) Your favourite Paw Patrol characters are on-hand to save the day alongside their bright firetruck
Top Toys under $20 include:
- Real Rad Robots (ages five to 12) These adorable BFFs provide double the love, hanging on to your finger or pencil, blowing kisses and interacting with the world around them
- Pomsies Lovable Wearable Pet Boots (ages five to seven) Wear your favourite companion anywhere you go with this virtual pom pom pet, whose long, fuzzy tail is designed to wrap perfectly around your wrist, backpack or ponytail – it's the purrfect kid-friendly accessory
Top Toys under $50 include:
- Cool Maker – Kumikreator Friendship Bracelet Maker (ages five to seven) Design unique, show-stopping friendship bracelets using the design booklet or by creating your own pattern with this interactive, vibrant DIY machine set
- L.O.L. Surprise! Pearl Surprise (ages six to 11) This rainbow fizz surprise comes to life in water and acts as both a glittery purse as well as home to special edition Tot and Little Sister inside a colourful Seashell Display
- WOW Toys - Harvey Harvester Farm, 5 Piece Set (ages eighteen months to five) This award-winning brand of preschool toys includes coveted collectibles and provides a role-playing experience to heighten your child's sense of imagination and wonder
Top STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Toys include:
- Little Tikes Fountain Factory Water Table (ages two and up) Create a splash during sensory and group play through science and engineering with this water activity table that provides STEM hands-on learning in a fun, immersive way
- The Learning Journey Techno Gears Marble Mania Catapult (ages six and up) With over 100 pieces included this marble-run construction set includes a launcher that shoots marbles to the top of the twisting and turning tracks, allowing kids to watch the progress of their own fun and exciting creation with this interactive, vibrant DIY machine set
- Zoom Tubes Starter Kit (ages five to seven) This race-track with a twist offers an infinite number of track configurations so you'll never tire of creating new patterns
Top Collectibles include:
- Pikmi Pops – Jumbo Pack (ages five to nine) These big lollipops are filled with cute plushies and other great surprises to help you expand your collection of the sweet-scented Pikmis!
- Num Noms Playset (ages five to eight) Add some glitter to your Num Noms with this playset, which includes new, special edition characters for your to customize in the Shimmer Station
- Poopsie Surprise Unicorn (ages five to 10) With unicorn magic and sparkle, create and customize unicorn poop slime, with over 25 collectibles included
Top Stocking Stuffer Toys include:
- Barbie Fashionistas Doll (ages three to 12) Every Barbie Fashionista is unique with their own look, from casual chic to boho bold
- Grumblies (ages five to seven) With unique and mischievous personalities, these furry little critters include over 40 sounds and reactions, and have a tendency to create supernatural chaos with an epic meltdown of rumbles, shakes and jumps
- Hatchimals CollEGGtibles (ages five to seven) Celebrate the holidays with a seasonal spin on this toy classic, which comes equipped with a winter backdrop for your new festive friend
- Magic 8 Ball Novelty Toy (ages five to 12) This classic novelty toy has all the answers to your most pressing questions, offering fun fortune-telling and intrigue for everyone
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates a chain of 411 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada's flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada's largest employers and is ranked one of the country's top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada's extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has raised and donated more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/walmartcanada.
SOURCE Walmart Canada
For further information: high-res images, or interview requests, please contact: Lindsey Soper, APEX Public Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, 647-537-9512