Utilizing online data ratings and reviews, the Walmart Toy Academy helps Canadians find toys kids will love this Christmas
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 1, 2017 /CNW/ - To kick off the countdown to Christmas, Walmart Canada today revealed its Top Toys of 2017 and launched Toy Academy, the retailer's new online platform featuring helpful and easy-to-use lists of this season's must-have toys.
It's easier than ever for Canadians to shop for the must-have toys this holiday season with the Walmart Toy Academy, which houses curated toy lists based on budget and interests. Lists include: top toys of 2017, top toys under $20, top toys under $50, top collectible toys, top toys for preschoolers and top toys for family fun, to name a few. All the season's top toys are available to purchase both in-store and online.
"The Walmart Toy Academy takes the guesswork and stress out ofcolle finding the season's hottest toys at the lowest prices," said Heather Loosemore, senior director of marketing and communications at Walmart Canada. "Our team listens, analyzes and tracks toy data, ratings and reviews online. We use this information to create our top toy lists to help parents wrap up the perfect presents to put under the tree."
Top Toys of 2017 include:
- Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n Tag Movi (ages three to five) This little robot encourages preschoolers to get their minds and bodies moving while teaching them how to follow directions and think critically
- Paw Patrol Life Sized Lookout Tower (ages three to five) Standing at an impressive two and a half feet tall, this tower allows kids to help the Paw Patrol team take on all kinds of action
- Hot Wheels Ballistik Racer (ages nine to 12) A super-fast remote control car that offers off-road capabilities and all-terrain performance so adventure loving kids can perform stunts and tricks
Top Toys under $50 include:
- My Life As 18" Dolls (ages five to eight) Exclusive to Walmart, there is a doll to represent every child, with girl and boy dolls that come in a variety of ethnicities, occupations and styles, and endless accessories
- LEGO Minecraft The Mushroom Island (ages nine to 12) Offering hands-on adventures, complete with an explosion function, this easy-to-reconfigure set was designed for fans of the sandbox video game.
Top Toys under $20 include:
- FlipaZoo® 16" Plush Toys (ages five and up) These cuddly toys double as a cozy pillow. The line features multiple characters that magically transform from one animal to another – and then easily flip back again
- Shopkins Happy Face - Welcome Pack (ages five to eight) Kids will love decorating happy places for their Lil' Shoppies and their cute Petkins friends
Top Trend and Collectible Toys include:
- TumblStix (ages four and up) A mesmerizing fidget toy that challenges kids to balance and catch the cylinder during 360-degree rolls and 180-degree flicks
- L.O.L. Surprise Tots Dolls (ages five to 12) Kids will discover seven layers of surprises in each doll. Feed or bathe these dolls for additional water surprises
- #StikBot Action Figures (ages five and up) Imagination comes to life while kids pose and share their creations on social media tagging #STIKBOT
Top Robotic and Animated Plush Toys include:
- Zoomer Show Pony (ages five to eight) A fashionable interactive pony kids can feed, groom and train to perform different tricks
- FurReal Roarin' Tyler, the Playful Tiger (ages four and up) Designed to become a child's most beloved companion, these interactive exotic pets respond to sounds and touch with more than 100 sound-and-motion combinations
Top Family Fun and Creative Toys include:
- Egged On Game (ages five and up) Offering a hilarious twist on the egg roulette challenge, players have to pick the right egg or get wet
- Pottery Cool Studio (ages nine to 12) Kids who love to create will love designing their own customized pottery, includes sculpting tools and paints
- Hearing Things Game (ages 12 and up) This comical game makes player guess what they think a teammate is saying by reading their lips
Top Preschool Toys
- Fisher-Price Little People Caring for Animals Farm (ages one to five) Toddlers will love learning how to take care of their animal friends with this activity-packed playset, featuring bright colors, songs and sounds
- Paw Patrol Sea Patroller (ages three to five) Based off the popular TV series, kids can join Ryder to save Baby Octopus by jumping aboard this rescue vehicle, equipped with flashing lights and sounds
- PJ Masks Plush Toys (ages three to five); These ultra-soft versions of characters are the perfect pals for extra-large hugs and heroic night time adventures. Collect the whole gang including Catboy, Owlette, Gekko, Luna Girl and Romeo
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 410 locations nationwide serving more than 1,2 million customers each day. Walmart's flagship online store, walmart.ca, is visited by over 600,000 customers daily. With more than 90,000 associates, Walmart is one of Canada's largest employers and is ranked one of Canada's top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada's extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need. Since 1994, the company has raised and donated more than $275 million to Canadian charities.
SOURCE Walmart Canada
For further information: Lindsey Soper, APEX Public Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, 647-537-9512