Canadian kid testers select favourites for the season
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Today, Walmart Canada unveiled its annual Top 20 Toys list as selected by the toy experts themselves – Canadian kids. For the third year in a row, Walmart Canada brought together parents and their kids aged eight months to 12 years old to test, play with, review and help select the must-have toys for the holiday season.
In total, close to 800 families in Toronto and Calgary participated in this year's Toy Testers event. "The feedback from the kids makes our list very unique," said Sam Wankowski, vice president of hardlines at Walmart Canada. "We know our Top 20 Toys will be a big hit with kids across the country and our buyers have worked very hard to ensure our shelves are fully stocked with these must-have toys."
Both parents and children were excited by a number of toys including Zoomer the Dino – just like a real dinosaur he can chomp and roar. The hype from Disney's Frozen made the Elsa and Anna toddler dolls a fan favourite and every adventurer loved the Air Storm Firetek Bow, a Walmart exclusive that shoots foam arrows up to 38 metres into the air.
"Navigating the toy aisle during the holidays can be a daunting task," said Cheri Anthony, director of toys at Walmart Canada. "It's an endless maze of options. We've been able to take the guesswork out for our customers by providing them with the top kid-tested and parent-approved choices."
Walmart Canada's Top 20 Toys chosen by kids for the 2014 holiday season are:
Age group: 8 to 23 months
- Go Go Smart Wheels Fun at the Zoo Playset by Vtech
- Fisher Price Little People City Skyway by Mattel
- Go Go Smart Wheels Ultimate Amazement Park by Vtech
- Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Chair by Mattel
Age group: 2 to 3 years
- Thomas & Friends TrackMaster Avalanche Escape Set by Mattel
- Fridge PhonicsTM Magnetic Letter Set by LeapFrog
- Play-Doh Magical Designs Palace, Cake Mountain & Buzzsaw Playset by Hasbro
- Learning FriendsTM Play & Discover School Set by LeapFrog
Age group: 4 to 5 years
- Hot Wheels Track Builder Total Turbo Takeover by Mattel
- Disney's Frozen Toddler Dolls Anna and Else by Tolly Tots
- Tumblin Monkeys Game by Mattel
- Disney's Frozen Olaf's Summer Tea Set by Jakks Pacific
Age group: 6+ years
- Zoomer Dog & Dino by SpinMaster
- Doh Vinci Anywhere Art Studio by Hasbro
- Paint Maker by Crayola
- LEGO City Arctic Helicrane by LEGO
- Firetek Bow by Zing
- Ever After High Rebel & Royal Doll Assortment by Mattel
- Flutterbye Flying Fairy Deluxe Light Up by SpinMaster
- Air Hoggs Rollercopter by SpinMaster
Walmart is committed to having low prices for its Top 20 Toys all season long. Check out the Holiday Play Book and the thousands of toys available in-store and online at Walmart.ca.
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 391 locations nationwide serving more than one million customers each day, as well as its flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, which is visited by over 400,000 Canadians daily. With 90,000 associates, Walmart is one of Canada's largest employers and is ranked one of Canada's top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada is focused on supporting families in need. Since 1994, the company has donated and raised more than $200 million to Canadian charities and not-for-profit organizations. Additional company information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada.
Image with caption: "Walmart Canada reveals 2014 holiday Top 20 Toy list as selected by Canadian kid testers and parents at the annual Toy Testers event. (CNW Group/Walmart Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141103_C6696_PHOTO_EN_7424.jpg
SOURCE: Walmart Canada
For further information: Hilary Lawton, APEX Public Relations, [email protected], 416-934-2123