Registered electors in Burnaby South, Outremont and York–Simcoe should receive their card by Thursday, February 7
GATINEAU, QC, Jan. 31, 2019 /CNW/ -
- Elections Canada is mailing a personalized voter information card to each registered elector in Burnaby South (British Columbia), Outremont (Quebec) and York–Simcoe (Ontario). On the card, electors can find out when and where to vote and whether their polling place is wheelchair-accessible.
- Electors in these electoral districts who do not receive a card by Thursday,
February 7, or whose card shows the wrong address, can update their address online. They can also register at their local Elections Canada office or at the polls just before they vote.
- Electors should contact their local Elections Canada office if:
- The name on their card is incorrect, and they cannot go online to update their information.
- They receive a card for a deceased or unknown person at their address.
- Local Elections Canada office contact information:
- The voter information card cannot be used as proof of identity or address at the polls. View the list of accepted ID documents.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca