Company invites individual and institutional investors, as well as advisors, to attend interactive, real-time virtual event
JOHANNESBURG, June 7, 2016 /CNW/ -- Vodacom (JSE: VOD, ADR: VDMCY) based in South Africa, and focused on telecommunication, today announced that Managing executive: Investor relations, Shaun van Biljon, will present at the dbVIC - Deutsche Bank American Depositary Receipt (ADR) Virtual Investor Conference on 9 June 2016. This virtual investor conference is aimed exclusively at introducing global companies with ADR programs to US investors.
This will be a live, interactive online event where investors in the US are invited to ask international companies their questions in real-time and to download a company's information in their "virtual trade booth" in the Exhibits section. If attendees are not able to join the event live on the day of the conference, an on-demand archive will be available for 90 days.
Participation is free of charge.
It is recommended that investors pre-register to save time and receive event updates.
Vodacom company highlights for the year ended 31 March 2016
- Group revenue up 7.5% (6.0%*) and Group service revenue up 7.4% (5.8%*)
- South Africa revenue increased 5.2%
- International operations revenue grew 16.6% (9.4%*); representing 22.9% of Group revenue
- Group data revenue up 28.5%, supported by strong network investment
- Group EBITDA grew 12.8% (10.2%*) to R30 345 million with a 1.8ppts margin expansion to 38.9%
- Group capital expenditure of R12 875 million focused on rapidly expanding LTE/4G coverage and increasing data speeds
About Vodacom Group Limited
Vodacom is an African mobile communications company providing voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 61 million active customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our operations to include networks in Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mozambique and Lesotho.
Vodacom is majority owned by Vodafone, one of the world's largest mobile communications companies by revenue. We're listed on the JSE Limited and our head office is in Johannesburg, South Africa.
SOURCE Vodacom Group Limited
For further information: Vodacom Group Limited, Avasha Singh, Senior Coordinator: Investor relations, VodacomIR@vodacom.co.za, +27 11 653 5055