Experience the connected digital home delivered by ViXS' smart processing solutions
TORONTO, March 9, 2012 /CNW/ - ViXS Systems Inc. will demonstrate to cable operators the latest in the connected home digital media processing and networking technologies at the CableLabs® Winter Conference in Philadelphia March 11 - 13.
"With the rapid growth in tablets, smartphones, and mobile devices, consumers are demanding anytime, anywhere entertainment on any smart device inside the home or outside the home. ViXS' smart processors put the company firmly at the center of this new TV viewing experience," said Sally Daub, President and CEO of ViXS Systems. "ViXS looks forward to demonstrating how its leading-edge technology enables a large portfolio of new advanced networked media devices, including: media gateways, advanced set top boxes, and streaming media and connectivity solutions."
Transcoding, media processing and home networking are critical to maintaining a managed networked digital media revolution. At the CableLabs Winter Conference, open only to CableLabs member companies and demonstrating vendors, ViXS will showcase its latest solutions to leading cable MSOs. The following demonstrations will be shown in ViXS' private demo room:
- XCode® 5195 with integrated MoCA:
- Quad Full HD to Full HD Transcoder for DOCSIS Media Gateway platforms
- Multiple concurrent operations including transcoding of quad HD streams, DLNA Premium video streaming to multiple clients, and transcryption
- OTT and content mobility solutions to address seamless connectivity to iPADs, tablets and other connected media devices
- Extremely low power operation
- XCode® 4210 featuring a high level of concurrency including dual HD transcoding, dual HD decode, advanced networking, full HD resolution 3D TV and 3D graphics
- Advanced Set-top Box Middleware demonstration
- Blu-ray Player and Recorder
- Media NAS Solutions
- NAS Architecture Gateway DVR
- Axentra HipServ NAS software
- JetStream HD Media Streamer
- MoCA Bridge and Integrated MoCA SOCs
About ViXS Systems Inc.
ViXS is a multimedia solutions innovator providing technologies for processing, managing, securing and distributing high quality video and audio allowing seamless control, conversion, and connectivity between many classes and sizes of digital entertainment devices.
ViXS supplies advanced System-on-Chip semiconductors, software solutions and hardware reference designs for the world's top manufacturers of Digital TVs, DVDs, Set-top boxes, Personal Video Recorders, PCs, Network-Attached Storage devices, Residential/Home Gateways, Blu-ray players/recorders, as well as Broadcast and Professional Equipment OEMs.
ViXS is headquartered in Toronto, Canada with global operations and offices in Europe, Asia and North America. ViXS has filed more than 373 patents worldwide with over 114 patents being issued to date. Listed for four years running as one of Deloitte's fastest growing North American companies, ViXS is setting new standards in the way digital entertainment is viewed and transmitted across an endless array of multimedia products.
For more information on ViXS, please visit our website: www.vixs.com.
VIXS®, the ViXS® logo, XCode®, XConnex™ and Xtensiv™ are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ViXS. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CableLabs is a trademark of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc.
A product or technology demonstration at a CableLabs event does not represent a CableLabs endorsement of that product or technology.
For further information:
David Jones, Tel: (416) 646-2000 E-mail: [email protected]