ViXS MoCA 2.0 and MoCA 1.1 portfolio includes competitive stand-alone solutions as well as integrated solutions embedded in ViXS' XCode Network Media Processor System on Chip (SoC) devices targeting Consumer Premise Equipment (CPE), Ethernet-over-Coax Bridge (ECB), Set-top Box (STB) and Media Gateway Transcoding markets
TORONTO, Sept. 4, 2012 /CNW/ - ViXS Systems Inc. today announces general availability of its MoCA 2.0 solution. The XConnex™ 1000 MoCA 2.0 Radio Frequency (RF) transceiver and the XConnex 1030 MoCA 2.0 stand-alone Media Access Controller and Physical Layer (MAC/PHY) integrated SoC introduces a highly integrated and cost effective market solution. . ViXS' MoCA 2.0 provides maximum throughput combined with new low power management features incorporated in its MoCA 2.0 MAC/PHY IC and innovative RF silicon design to exceed stringent low power requirements. In addition, enhanced security features have been developed for increased levels of content protection while maintaining backwards compatibility and interoperability to existing MoCA 1.0 and 1.1 deployed network solutions.
ViXS' is a strong proponent of MoCA and recognise this as one of the leading connected home networking technologies and has established a record for bringing new MoCA innovations to market in the shortest time. ViXS has led the industry with the following first time innovations
- Introduced to the market industry's first Quad HD transcoder gateway SoC, the XCode® 5195, with integrated MoCA 1.1 in March 2011
- Sampled the first stand-alone XConnex 1025 and the XConnex 1020, MoCA 1.1 solutions, with integrated Ethernet physical layer interfaces (PHYs) combined with networking layer 3 systems support in June 2011. This innovation not only reduced the cost for these applications through high levels of integration but also allows for remote networking diagnostics, a function not currently supported.
- Set a new level of integration and cost point for MoCA radio frequency (RF) transceivers with the introduction of XConnex 900 MoCA 1.1 RF Transceiver in January 2012.
- Introduced the first ARM processor based next generation gateway SoC, the XCode 6210, with integrated MoCA 2.0 at IBC conference in September 2012.
- Introduce the most advance media gateway SoC, the XCode 6308, with integrated MoCA 2.0 at the IBC conference in September 2012. The XCode 6308 is the first and only gateway SoC capable of doing six HD- transcodes to address the market trend for video streaming to multiple screens within the home.
"ViXS is renowned for its network media processor technology. With this full complement of MoCA 1.0/1.1 and 2.0 stand alone and embedded solutions we are very well positioned to play a crucial role in developing the next generation of connected home devices and delivering seamless and ubiquitous content to multiple CPE devices, Set-top box, gateway, client, smart phones, Televisions, Tablets and other media devices" said Sundeep Ahluwalia, Director Marketing, ViXS Systems Inc. "ViXS is focused on creating value for our customers by providing a wide portfolio of products that enables them to address multiple product categories by leveraging a common development platform. With the integration of MoCA in all its major product lines ViXS has eased one of the most challenging networking issues in our industry, that of moving and processing large amounts of HD content seamless across multiple connected devices".
About ViXS Systems Inc.
ViXS is a multimedia solutions innovator providing technologies for processing, managing, securing and distributing high quality video and audio allowing seamless control, conversion, and connectivity between many classes and sizes of digital entertainment devices.
ViXS supplies advanced System-on-Chip semiconductors, software solutions and hardware reference designs for the world's top manufacturers of Digital TVs, DVDs, Set-top boxes, Personal Video Recorders, PCs, Network-Attached Storage devices, Residential/Home Gateways, Blu-ray players/recorders, as well as Broadcast and Professional Equipment OEMs.
ViXS is headquartered in Toronto, Canada with global operations and offices in Europe, Asia and North America. ViXS has 382 patents issued and pending worldwide. Listed for four years running as one of Deloitte's fastest growing North American companies, ViXS is setting new standards in the way digital entertainment is viewed and transmitted across an endless array of multimedia products.
For more information on ViXS, please visit our website: www.vixs.com.
VIXS™, the ViXS® logo, XCode®, XConnex™ and Xtensiv™ are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ViXS. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
MoCA and MoCA logo are registered trademarks of Multimedia over Coax Alliance. MoCA Certified logo is a trademark of Multimedia over Coax Alliance.
SOURCE: ViXS Systems Inc.
For further information:
David Jones, Tel: (416) 646-2000, E-mail: email@example.com