TORONTO, Nov. 23 /CNW/ - Canada's VisionTV rings in the 2009 holiday season with a lineup of prime time specials themed "The Real Meaning of Christmas."
The multi-faith and multicultural network has scheduled three weeks of movies and music programs celebrating all the things that make the holidays special: friends, family, giving and love. VisionTV's Yuletide programming starts on Monday, Dec. 7 and runs through Christmas day.
Said Mark Prasuhn, VisionTV's Chief Operating Officer and Chief Content Officer: "Viewers have let us know that they love our annual Christmas offering, and we are proud to say that this year's lineup is our best and most extensive ever."
VisionTV's 2009 holiday season highlights include:
- The Canadian broadcast premiere of the 2006 theatrical feature The
Nativity Story by Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke. A vivid
depiction of the events surrounding the birth of Jesus, The Nativity
Story was acclaimed for its historical authenticity. (Airs Thursday,
Dec. 17 and on Christmas Day at 9 p.m. and Midnight ET.)
- The Canadian broadcast premiere of The Christmas Hope, a brand new
installment in the popular Christmas Shoes series of TV movies.
Filmed earlier this year in Winnipeg, the production stars Madeleine
Stowe and James Remar. (Airs Wednesday, Dec. 16 at 9 p.m. and
- A double holiday helping of How I Met Your Mother's Neil Patrick
Harris. The 2009 Emmy Awards host stars in the TV movies The
Christmas Wish (airs Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 9 p.m. and Midnight ET) and
the Christmas Shoes follow-up Miracle of the Heart (airs Monday,
Dec. 21 at 9 p.m. and Midnight ET).
- Holiday specials from many of the network's popular British comedy
series, including the one-hour Father Ted special "A Christmassy
Ted," airing on Christmas Day at 8 p.m. ET.
- A selection of VisionTV viewers' favourite Christmas music specials,
including Christmas Together With the Barra MacNeils. (Airs Wednesday
Dec. 9 at 11 p.m. ET.)
- A special broadcast of the annual Midnight Mass from Rome on
VisionTV will also re-launch its annual online holiday promotion. In keeping with this year's theme, "The Real Meaning of Christmas," viewers will be invited to share photos and videos that reflect what the season means to them for the chance to win a prize package.
* For more information on VisionTV programming, please visit www.visiontv.ca
* To see full programs and exclusive clips, check out http://video.visiontv.ca/
* Follow VisionTV on Twitter: www.twitter.com/visiontv
* Check out VisionTV on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/VisionTV2
For further information: For further information: Media Contact: David Todd, Media Relations Manager, VisionTV, Phone: (416) 368-3194, ext. 207, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org