TORONTO, Oct. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - The following B-Roll is available by Video On-Demand web download:
STORY SUMMARY: Specialists answer important questions regarding Guiding Stars® available exclusively at 44 Loblaws® stores locations in Ontario. Guiding Stars® is an objective, nutrition navigation program that provides at-a-glance nutritional ratings for foods found in every store aisle. With Guiding Stars®, foods are rated for their nutrition quality and can earn up to three stars based on a debit and credit scoring system. Foods are credited for containing vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, whole grains and omega 3 and debited for containing saturated fat, trans fat and added sodium or added sugars. The stars are displayed on the shelf tag associated with each food.
- Alexis Williams, registered dietitian, Loblaw Companies Limited explains the Guiding Stars program
- Alexis Williams explains how to use the Guiding Stars program while shopping
- Alexis Williams explains what a food's star rating says about it
- Alison Duncan, professor, Human Health and Nutritional Sciences at the University of Guelph on how Guiding Stars was adapted for Canada
- Alison Duncan explains the Guiding Stars algorithm
- Alison Duncan on why she got involved with Guiding Stars
- Alison Duncan explains how foods without nutrition labels are rated in Guiding Stars
- Michael Lovsin, senior vice president, Health and Wellness, Loblaw Companies Limited explains Loblaw's commitment to health and wellness
- Michael Lovsin talks about how Loblaw stores support healthier lifestyles for Canadians
- Michael Lovsin explains how Guiding Stars simplifies healthier choices
- Michael Lovsin on how Guiding Stars works
- Michael Lovsin on why Loblaw is introducing Guiding Stars
- Mother walks down cereal aisle, checks nutrition ratings, speaks with Alexis Williams, registered dietitian, Loblaw Companies Limited about Guiding Stars
- Visual of customer in produce aisle buying tomatoes
- Visual of Guiding Stars signage on product tags
- Visual of baby food aisle
- Visual of produce area with large Guiding Stars signage
- Visual of Loblaws sign from outside of store
- Visual of additional cereal aisle, signage and baby food aisle
WEB Video Preview and Download link:
TIME OF POSTING: Available Now
DATE OF POSTING: Available Now
All video can be viewed by clicking on the link. Broadcast quality video is available for download by accredited journalists. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
STATIONS, FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL:
Loblaw Public Relations
(905) 459- 2500
For assistance with Video On-Demand, please contact CNW at email@example.com or (416) 863-5612.
CNW Video On-Demand http://cnw.pathfireondemand.com provides free, secure and easy-to-use broadcast quality material direct from our website to accredited journalists worldwide.
This material is offered for free and unrestricted news use.
CNW VIDEO SERVICES.
Video with caption: "Video: Loblaw introduces Guiding Stars® nutrition navigation program to help shoppers make healthier choice". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20121012_C6440_VIDEO_EN_19162.mp4&posterurl=http://photos.newswire.ca/images/20121012_C6440_PHOTO_EN_19162.jpg&clientName=CNW%20Broadcast%20Services&caption=Video%3A%20Loblaw%20introduces%20Guiding%20Stars%26%23174%3B%20nutrition%20navigation%20program%20to%20help%20shoppers%20make%20healthier%20choice&title=Loblaw%20introduces%20Guiding%20Stars%26%23174%3B%20nutrition%20navigation%20program%20to%20help%20shoppers%20make%20healthier%20choice&headline=
SOURCE: CNW Broadcast Services
For further information:
CNW VIDEO SERVICES, TORONTO (416) 863-5612