Annual fund available for organizations with innovative ideas that will improve the well-being of Veterans and their families.
OTTAWA, Feb. 28, 2019 /CNW/ - Research and innovation are vital to continually improving the well-being of Veterans and their families. The Veteran and Well-being Fund supports innovative initiatives and projects through grants and contributions to private, public or academic organizations to conduct research and implement initiatives and projects that support the well-being of Veterans and their families.
Today, Veterans Affairs Canada launched the second call for applications for the Veteran and Family Well-Being Fund. Organizations are invited to share their innovative ideas and encouraged to submit their applications online as early as possible. The deadline to submit an application for the 2019 year is March 31, 2019.
In 2018 the Fund supported 21 initiatives across Canada that will contribute to the well-being of Veterans and their families. These initiatives were in many differing areas, including: Veteran homelessness, transitioning out of the military, mental health and physical rehabilitation. The complete list of past recipients and their projects can be found here.
Learn more about the Veteran and Family Well-Being Fund at veterans.gc.ca/VFWB.
"We encourage all organizations interested in sharing their ideas to apply for this Fund. We want you to become a part of a growing community that is coming together to help improve the quality of life for Veterans and their families. Together, we are creating a broader range of services that allow Veterans and their families to access more support that contributes to their overall well-being."
The Honourable Harjit Sajjan, Minister of Veterans Affairs.
- The Veteran and Family Well-Being Fund is part of the new supports and benefits announced in Budget 2017 that are focused on improving the well-being of Veterans and their families.
- In 2017, the Government of Canada announced an investment in the Veteran and Family Well-Being Fund.
- Veterans Affairs Canada will award $3 million in 2019-20 in grants and contributions.
- Last year's funding closed in June 2018 with 21 projects across Canada receiving funding from the 155 applications submitted.
- The deadline to submit an application for 2019 is March 31, 2019.
- Successful organizations will be notified in the spring of 2019.
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468, [email protected]cc.gc.ca; Alex Wellstead, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, [email protected]