Bellagio, Caesars Palace, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, and Mandalay Bay Headline the Sixth Annual Program with Tickets On Sale February 2, 2012
LAS VEGAS, Feb. 3, 2012 /CNW/ - Sixty restaurants, 50 chefs, 30 sommeliers, 30 events, and four extraordinary resorts come together for one incredible weekend to mark the sixth annual Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit. The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas joins the program, while Bellagio, Caesars Palace, and Mandalay Bay have expanded their programming. Tickets for the event go on sale today at vegasuncorked.com.
"This is a brand-new Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit," says Adam Rapoport, Bon Appetit editor in chief. "It is taking the best of what has drawn more than 5,000 tourists to this event each year for the last five years and adding the editorial excitement and voice of the new Bon Appetit."
"Vegas Uncork'd Presented by Bon Appetit celebrates our culinary scene in a way unique to Las Vegas," says Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing, LVCVA. "It appeals to visitors drawn to top-tier epicurean experiences as well as the world-class resort atmosphere Las Vegas offers."
New This Year:
- Master Series Dinner with Michel Richard, Thursday, May 10: Caesars Palace adds a new restaurant to its Master Series dinners—Central, helmed by renowned chef Michel Richard and his James Beard Award–winning staff.
- Follow That Food Truck, Thursday, May 10: The most sought-after food trucks from Las Vegas and surrounding areas join forces for one incredible festival. Join chefs Julian Serrano, Todd English, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, and Michael Mina for live music and ice-cold beers on Bellagio's rooftop.
- Too-Hot Tamales Live Demonstration, Friday, May 11: Hosted by Bon Appetit editor in chief Adam Rapoport, chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger prepare a four-course menu with tequila pairings at Mandalay Bay's Border Grill.
- Paella Lunch with Jose Andres, Friday, May 11: One of the restaurant industry's most captivating personalities, Jose Andres lets loose with a live demo on how to make one of Spain's signature dishes. He'll prepare it on a wood-fired paella grill—the only one of its kind in the U.S.—at Jaleo in the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
- Gone Fishing with Costas Spiliadis, Saturday, May 12: Join chef Spiliadis at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas as he shares his secrets to selecting the highest-quality fish at the market, secrets on making fish at home, and healthful eating through the Mediterranean diet.
- The Kimchi Chronicles, Saturday, May 12: Bon Appetit's Adam Rapoport co-hosts a Q&A lunch with renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten and his wife, Marja, host of PBS's Kimchi Chronicles, at Bellagio's Prime.
- Kings of Cabernet, Saturday, May 12: Bellagio wine director and master sommelier Jason Smith and Bon Appetit's Wine Insider David Lynch talk favorite Cabernets—including rare and hard-to-find bottles from Bellagio's collection.
- Rao's Family Affair: Italian Brunch with the Pellegrinos, Sunday, May 13: The Pellegrinos host a backyard BBQ on the patio of Rao's Las Vegas as only they can. Enjoy refreshing Italian cocktails and savory dishes offered as an exclusive preview to their soon-to-be released cookbook, Rao's on the Grill.
- Grand Tasting, Friday, May 11: Sixty restaurants participate in this ultimate outdoor culinary experience at Caesars Palace's Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis.
- After-Hours, the Remix, Saturday, May 12: Chef Alain Ducasse is joined by chef Hubert Keller and Mandalay Bay executive pastry chef and master chocolatier Vincent Pilon for a late-night party at Mix, the rooftop lounge at Mandalay Bay.
- VIP Saber-Off, Thursday, May 10: Caesars Palace hosts all chefs at this year's VIP Champagne Saber-Off.
"We are so pleased to introduce the new Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit, and thrilled that the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority is seeing the sixth year of what started as a very small food festival that has grown into one that is 5,000 visitors strong," says Pamela Drucker Mann, vice president and publisher of Bon Appetit.
ABOUT Bon Appetit Magazine
Food is the new fashion, and the new Bon Appetit is the food lover's style guide. The magazine and its companion Web site deliver not just recipes, tips, and techniques, but a world of lush travel, high-gloss entertaining, and up-to-the-minute restaurant coverage. It's a visually arresting publication, driven by excellent photography, clean graphics, and headlines that pop. And notable faces, too: Each issue features of-the-moment tastemakers, from chefs and restaurateurs to fashion designers and celebrities. All of these elements combine to make Bon Appetit the largest epicurean magazine in America with the most affluent readership.
Bon Appetit is published by Conde Nast, a division of Advance Publications, which operates in 25 countries. In the United States, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, two trade publications, and 27 Web sites that garner international acclaim and unparalleled consumer engagement. Please visit bonappetit.com.
ABOUT THE LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With approximately 148,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and more than 10 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA mission centers on attracting ever-increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to lvcva.com or visitlasvegas.com.
SOURCE The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
For further information:
Claudia Balfe-Taylor, Kirvin Doak Communications, +1-702-737-3100, ext. 109, [email protected]; or Aurrice Duke, R&R, +1-702-349-0502, [email protected]; or Frederika Brookfield, Bon Appetit, +1-212-286-3508, [email protected]