VANCOUVER, Jan. 15 /CNW/ - The Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (VANOC) will hold media tours next week showcasing four of the competition and non-competition venues.
These final tours will highlight the venues and the extensive temporary infrastructure and colourful imagery recently put in place to make the venues ready to host athletes, media and spectators from around the world. During the tours, media will have a chance to collect video, audio and record comments from the venue general managers and other members of the venue teams.
There are approximately 90 spots available. Media need to reserve a spot by noon Pacific Time on Monday, January 18 by e-mailing email@example.com. Media will need to register prior to boarding the buses by showing media credentials and photo ID.
Bus transportation will be provided as there is no parking available at the venues. Private vehicles will not be accommodated at the venues. The buses will depart from the front of the Main Press Centre (MPC), located along Canada Place Way on the downtown Vancouver waterfront, and return to the same location at the end of each day.
When and Where:
Day 1: City Venues Tour:
Tuesday, January 19 - Richmond Olympic Oval and Vancouver Olympic
Centre/Vancouver Paralympic Centre:
- Media registration 7:45 am to 8:15 am at the buses parked at the MPC
- Bus departs MPC at 8:15 am
- Richmond Olympic Oval (speed skating)
- Vancouver Olympic Centre/Vancouver Paralympic Centre
- Bus returns to the MPC at approximately 12:30 pm
Day 2: Mountain Venues Tour:
Wednesday, January 20 - Olympic and Paralympic Village Whistler and
Whistler Olympic Park/Whistler Paralympic Park:
- Media registration 6:30 am to 7:00 am at the buses parked at the MPC
- Bus departs MPC at 7:00 am
- Olympic and Paralympic Village Whistler
- Whistler Olympic Park/Whistler Paralympic Park (biathlon, ski
jumping, cross-country skiing, Nordic combined)
- Bus returns to the MPC at approximately 3:00 pm
- Magnus Enfeldt, general manager, Richmond Olympic Oval and manager,
- Brian Eaton, general manager, Vancouver Olympic Centre/Vancouver
- Tim Morrison, general manager, Olympic and Paralympic Village
Whistler and managing director, villages
- John Aalberg, general manager, Whistler Olympic Park/Whistler
Paralympic Park and director, Nordic sports
- Other members of the overlay and venue teams
Please note: Media are advised to dress warmly and wear steel-toed shoes, hiking boots or sturdy footwear - particularly for the Whistler venues as time will be spent outside. Backpacks are recommended to carry information that will be provided onsite. Food and beverages will be available.
SOURCE VANCOUVER ORGANIZING COMMITTEE FOR THE 2010 OLYMPIC AND PARALYMPIC WINTER GAMES
For further information: For further information: Media Contact: VANOC Communications, (604) 403-1611, firstname.lastname@example.org