US$59+ million of equipment sold at Fort Worth, TX auction
Jul 22, 2016, 07:00 ET
More than 4,600 people registered to bid on 4,600 items sold in the unreserved auction (July 20-21)
FORT WORTH, TX, July 22, 2016 /CNW/ - This week Ritchie Bros. conducted its seventh Texas auction of the year, selling more than 4,600 equipment items and trucks for US$59+ million over two days in Fort Worth (July 20-21, 2016).
More than 4,600 people from 55+ countries registered to bid in the unreserved auction, including 3,100+ online bidders. Out-of-state buyers from as far away as Canada, Thailand and Poland purchased 56 percent of the equipment. Online buyers purchased 57 percent (US$33+ million) of the equipment.
"We had great attendance for both days of the auction," said Bill Hogan, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. "The auction featured an excellent mix of equipment from all sectors. We achieved solid pricing throughout, seeing particularly strong pricing for drills, scrapers, wheel loaders, and backhoes."
Ritchie Bros. sold equipment for 580 owners. Highlights included 360+ truck tractors, 455 trailers, 105 excavators, 90+ skid steers, 70+ loader backhoes, 40+ dozers, 70+ flatbed trucks, 45+ dump trucks, and much more.
Specific sales highlights:
- A 2010 Soilmec STM20 Tri/A drill truck sold for $325,000
- A 2009 VersaDrill V100NG drill truck sold for US$230,000
- A 2011 Vermeer HG6000 portable horizontal grinder sold for US$240,000
- Two 2012 John Deere 850K crawler tractors sold for a combined US$250,000
- Two John Deere 770G motor graders sold for a combined US$225,000
- A 2014 Caterpillar 950K wheel loader sold for US$180,000
- A 2011 Caterpillar 980H wheel loader sold for US$175,000
- A 2011 Caterpillar 740 6x6 articulated dump truck sold for US$175,000
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: FORT WORTH, TEXAS – JULY 20-21, 2016
- Total Gross Auction Proceeds – US$59+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – US$33+ million
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) – 4,600+
- Registered online bidders – 3,100+
- Total lots sold – 4,600+
- Number of sellers – 580
Ritchie Bros.' next auction in Texas will take place on August 24 – 25, 2016 in Houston. Please contact the Houston site at +1.713.330.2470 to ask about selling. For a full list of upcoming unreserved public auctions visit rbauction.com.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE andTSX: RBA) is the world's largest industrial auctioneer, and one of the world's largest sellers of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, mining, forestry and other industries. Ritchie Bros.TM asset management and disposition solutions include live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding; EquipmentOneTM, an online auction marketplace; Mascus, a global online equipment listing service; private negotiated sales through Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty; and a range of ancillary services, including financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. Ritchie Bros. has operations in 19 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at rbauction.com, EquipmentOne.com, mascus.com, rbauction.com/privatetreaty and rbauction.com/financing.
Photos and video for embedding in media stories are available at rbauction.com/media.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
For further information: Ian Malinski, Corporate Communications Lead, +1.778.331.5432, [email protected]
Share this article