Uracan Announces Change to Board of Directors

TSX Venture Exchange Symbol - URC

VANCOUVER, Aug. 28, 2015 /CNW/ - Uracan Resources Ltd. ("Uracan" or the "Company") (TSX.V:URC) announces the resignation of Gregg Sedun as a director of the Company.  The Board would like to thank Mr. Sedun for his contributions over the past 9 years as a director, officer, as well as his co-founding role with the Company and wish him well in the future.  Mr. Sedun has advised he will be available to management to assist with Uracan in the future if needed, and stated he will continue his support as a loyal shareholder.

Uracan Resources Ltd. (TSX.V:URC, OTC:URCFF) is a Canadian-based exploration company focused on exploring for uranium deposits in Saskatchewan and Quebec, Canada.  In early 2013, Uracan signed an agreement with UEX Corporation, whereby Uracan acquired the option to earn from UEX a 60% participating interest in the Black Lake Property along the northern margin of the Athabasca Basin.  UEX currently holds an 89.99% interest in the Black Lake Project with AREVA Resources Canada Inc. ("AREVA") holding the remaining 10.01% interest.

In July 2014, Uracan signed an agreement with Forum Uranium whereby Uracan can acquire up to a 70% interest in the Clearwater Property near the southwestern margin of the Athabasca Basin, immediately adjacent to Fission Uranium's Patterson Lake South discovery.  Forum is the 100% owner of the Clearwater Property. 

Since 2006, Uracan has discovered a N.I. 43-101 Indicated Mineral Resource estimate of 7 million lbs U3O8 (21.5 million tonnes at a grade of 140 ppm U3O8 using a 100 ppm cut-off grade) and a N.I. 43-101 Inferred Mineral Resource estimate of 37 million lbs U3O8 (140.6 million tonnes at a grade of 120 ppm U3O8 using a 100 ppm cut-off grade) on its 100%-owned exploration properties in Quebec. 

Uracan continues to review additional opportunities worldwide to capitalize on management's exploration and financing capabilities.

On behalf of Uracan Resources Ltd.

"Clive Johnson"  

"Marc Simpson"


 President and CEO

SOURCE Uracan Resources Ltd.

For further information: Marc Simpson, President and CEO, Uracan Resources Ltd, 604-506-6996; Uracan Corporate Development, 604-970-6980, www.uracan.ca,


Organization Profile

Uracan Resources Ltd.

More on this organization

Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890