/NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR DISSEMINATION IN THE U.S./
VANCOUVER, Nov. 1, 2012 /CNW/ - Petromin Resources Ltd (the "Company") is pleased to announce that TerraWest Energy Corp ("TWE"), is moving forward with exploration activities in the field at its Liuhuanggou coalbed methane ("CBM") project ("2012 Field Program") in Xinjiang, The People's Republic of China ("China"). The 2012 Field Program involves drilling, casing and completing production wells at two key selected locations.
Drilling at well LHG12-02 is expected to begin on 2 November 2012. The well is located in the vicinity of previously drilled well LHG10-02 which intersected multiple gas-bearing Jurassic Badaowan (J1B) coal seams and shale. The control well for the 2010 well was a coring drill-hole which provided core samples for testing and analysis in China and North America. Several gas-bearing targets were identified based on the sampling and analysis results.
Well LHG12-02 is located such that a multiple pilot production configuration can be considered in the future. Completion of the well and any subsequent testing of target coal seams and formations will follow after evaluation of results.
Drilling at location LHG12-01 will follow in due course. Well LHG12-01 is located in the vicinity of previously drilled well LHG10-01 which intersected over 65 metres of gas- bearing Jurassic Xishanyao (J2X) coal seams during the 2010 field program. Well LHG 10-01 was successfully tested in early 2011 and produced water and gas from coal seams over a three-month period. The location of well LHG12-01 is such that the hydrogeology of the target coal seams can be further evaluated and tested relative to the previously drilled well. Completion of the well and any subsequent testing of target coal seams and formations will follow after evaluation of results.
The well locations are accessible by existing paved highways and side roads and any required side road upgrade work is currently underway using local contractors. It is expected that CBM drilling operations will run for several weeks.
Earlier field programs included geological reconnaissance and mapping, coring drill-holes, pilot production wells and testing. As previously reported, an independent third party evaluation according to reporting standard National Instrument 51-101 Standards of Disclosure for Oil and Gas Activities (NI 51-101) provided gross (100%) estimates of CBM Discovered Gas Initially in Place contained in the target coal seams within a defined area ranging from (low) 70.00 billion cubic feet ("Bcf") to (best) 147.43Bcf to (high) 514.07 Bcf.
Please visit the Company's website www.petromin.ca under "Announcements" ("Updates on the Liuhuanggou CBM Project") for the further independent third party evaluation according to the Petroleum Resources Management System of the Society of Petroleum Engineers' Best Estimate Original Gas in Place. This updating evaluation covered the target coal seams outside the previously evaluated area and all other prospective formations (including shale gas) for the entire PSC (hereinafter defined) area.
As at the date hereof, the Company holds 22.28% of the current issued common shares and preferred shares in the capital of TWE. TWE holds a 47% interest in and is the operator of the Liuhuanggou CBM production sharing contract ("PSC") located in the Junggar Basin of Xinjiang, China. China National Petroleum Corporation ("CNPC") holds the remaining 53% of the PSC. The PSC is now administered by PetroChina Coalbed Methane Company Ltd., an indirect subsidiary of CNPC. The PSC covers 653 square kilometres (255 square miles) and is located adjacent to the city of Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
About Petromin Resources Ltd.
Petromin is progressive international petroleum and natural gas exploration and production Company listed Tier 1 on the TSX Venture Exchange. Petromin was ranked 24th of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in BC by Business in Vancouver in 2009 based on a 704% revenue increase over the previous 4 years.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE: Petromin Resources Ltd.
For further information:
PETROMIN RESOURCES LTD.
1120-1090 W. Pender Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6E 2N7
Telephone: (604) 682-8831
Fax: (604) 682-8683
Attn: Ross Gorrell