SASKATOON, April 10, 2015 /CNW/ - From April 12 to 14, 2015, some of Canada's leading experts in health technology assessment (HTA) will meet in Saskatoon for the 2015 CADTH Symposium. The conference will focus on how evidence can best be used to support informed health care decisions.
Health policy- and decision-makers from Saskatchewan will join national and international leaders from health economics, government, universities, clinical practice, the pharmaceutical industry, and patient groups to discuss some of the most pressing issues facing Canadian health care today. The Honourable Dustin Duncan, Saskatchewan's Minister of Health, will deliver opening remarks on Monday, April 13.
"Every day health care leaders face challenges and uncertainty when making decisions about how to invest in health technologies," said Dr. Brian O'Rourke, President and CEO of CADTH. "Health technology assessment is essential to enhancing the health of Canadians and supporting the sustainability of our health care system. I'm looking forward to an engaging conference."
Highlights of the Symposium include:
- Welcoming remarks from Saskatchewan Minister of Health Dustin Duncan
- Three plenary sessions, four breakfast sessions, 13 workshops, 20 panels, 43 oral presentations, and more than 60 scientific posters
- Presentations by global experts and decision-makers from Germany, the United States, and Scotland
- The presentation of the CADTH Recognition Awards, honouring pioneers and rising stars in the field of HTA
- The release of the second annual Top 10 New and Emerging Health Technology Watch List by the Canadian Network for Environmental Scanning in Health (CNESH).
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact:
- Andrea Tiwari, Communications Officer, at 613 226 2553 extension 1247 or 613 614 6863; AndreaT@cadth.ca
CADTH is an independent, not-for-profit organization responsible for providing Canada's health care decision-makers with objective evidence to help make informed decisions about the optimal use of drugs and medical devices in our health care system (www.cadth.ca).
SOURCE Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH)
Image with caption: "The 2015 CADTH Symposium is being held in Saskatoon from April 12-14. (CNW Group/Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH))". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150410_C4396_PHOTO_EN_14164.jpg
For further information: Andrea Tiwari, Communications Officer, at 613 226 2553 extension 1247 or 613 614 6863; AndreaT@cadth.ca