New Calgary restaurant inspired by innovation and urbanization
TORONTO, July 8, 2016 /CNW/ - After 30 years as an established upscale-casual iconic brand, West Coast based Earls wanted a refresh. For that they turned to creative powerhouses, Glasfurd & Walker and Ste. Marie, the studios behind some of Canada's most inspiring independent restaurants. For three years Earls worked together and partnered with these leaders in design and hospitality to conceptualize, articulate, and create. What came out of that was a one-off prototype restaurant, untethered from the core brand, that reimagines what Earls could be.
The concept was inspired by local and global trends that are changing how North Americans approach the dining experience and the brand's existing strengths. The company was driven to surpass the mediocrity associated with chain restaurants by providing an experience that fits into evolving and increasingly urbanized consumer lifestyles.
"Earls.67 is what happens when the best in the business come together to think critically about the future of the restaurant experience," said Earls President, Mo Jessa. "Our team has taken a step back and created an opportunity to try all new things in concept, experience, food, drink and design."
"Earls.67 isn't a concept that stems from necessity but a desire to always be innovating. We've broken a successful model that works to see if we can do better and we think we have but now it's time for our customers to tell us what they think. That's what I'm excited about." Jessa continued.
Earls.67 was built around the essence of dining as a social connection. This led the new restaurant to build a menu focused on high quality conscious ingredients and share plates served in a modern, comfortable and collaborative space.
Unique characteristics of the prototype concept
The food & drink:
- A menu for the way people want to eat today – a balance of health and indulgence
- Phil and Sebastian trained baristas and locally roasted coffee
- A fresh selection of meat and vegetable skewers cooked on a custom Robata Grill
- A Commitment to Conscious Sourcing
- Unique daily and late night promotions including Thursday Rum & Robata and Bubbles & Dogs
- An impressive beer and cocktail program that includes custom beer growlers and four types of ice
The design & experience:
- Earls.67 feels like the best in hotel lobbies, a home away from home
- An impressive blend of scaled up design and scaled down design in a 10,000 sq ft, multi-use space
- The restaurant has five unique areas designed to fit our guests different moods and desires: Lobby Lounge, Bankers Bar, Canteen, Beer Patio and enclosed two level glassed in Atrium with private space that overlooks Stephen Avenue
- A place to visit alone or with friends
Earls is moving from a traditional chain restaurant to a collective of uniquely compelling restaurants with local relevance. Learnings from the Earls.67 prototype concept will be applied to all areas of the business laddering up to brand principles like community and trust & transparency.
Earls.67 is a one-off prototype restaurant developed to test all new things in concept, food, drink and design. It is an innovative concept build from the legacy of Vancouver, Canada-based Earls Restaurants Ltd. and the Fuller Group, a non-franchised, family-owned company founded by Leroy Earl (Bus) Fuller and his son, Stan Earl Fuller in 1982. From humble beginnings as a laid-back beer and burger joint created as local hang out in Edmonton, Alberta, Earls grew to multiple locations across the North America with the concept maturing to become the 66 location upscale-casual iconic brand it now is, copied by a whole generation of restaurants. Earls.67 prototype concept is the companies 67th restaurant, showcasing the company's commitment to constant innovation.
To experience Earls.67 at a glance, please visit Tumblr:
For further information: FAULHABER Communications at 416.504.0768 ext. 245, Andrea Anders, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org