.CA D-Zone Anycast DNS adds protection for online donation engine during critical campaign periods
OTTAWA, Oct. 6, 2015 /CNW/ - United Way Centraide Canada (UWCC) has adopted the .CA D-Zone Anycast DNS through an in-kind donation from the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) to expand protection from DDoS attacks and improve performance for Canadian web users.
As the national body providing leadership and support for over 100 local United Way Centraide (UWC) organizations across Canada, UWCC uses online services to process donations for a large number of UWCs. In addition, UWCC hosts name resolution for the national and provincial web-based "211" service, providing a gateway to community, social, non-clinical health and related government services that helps clients in need quickly find the health and human services they need in their local communities.
The adoption of D-Zone Anycast DNS offers robust security features to the frequent transfer of personal data and fiscal transactions.
"Our IT infrastructure is a critical component of day-to-day business at United Way Centraide," says Paul Totten, VP Business and Technology Solutions at UWCC. "D-Zone protects us against outages and bottlenecks, at the same time ensuring our donor and charity partners experience the fastest online service we can offer."
- United Way Centraide Canada has added a .CA D-Zone Anycast DNS secondary service as an effective and efficient reinforcement of their national Internet infrastructure.
- D-Zone offered a turn-key solution to UWCC, with added 24/7 IT support from .CA
- D-Zone adds resiliency to distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks, which offers Canadian users, donor partners and local United Way organizations better protection against malicious attacks.
- UWCC stakeholders are offered ease-of-use for online services. Using globally distributed cloud of name servers, D-Zone Anycast DNS automatically routes queries to the closest name server, facilitating faster service for users.
- D-Zone is competitively priced with scalable pricing that companies of any size can afford. As a hosted service, D-Zone can be online in minutes with only minimal support from internal company IT administrators.
"United Way is a household name because, for nearly 100 years it has been mobilizing resources to offer vital services and improve lives in communities across the country. D-Zone will help provide a better, faster, more secure online infrastructure for the United Way's online properties, ensuring that donors can trust that their transactions are protected and clients can access confidential services on-demand."
- Dave Chiswell, vice president of product development at CIRA
"D-Zone Anycast DNS is a unique IT infrastructure solution and we are very grateful for CIRA's in-kind donation and support. For us, the easy implementation and guarantee of 24/7 technical support from CIRA means we always have an expert partner to help us manage DNS queries. For a charitable organization, no matter the size, the security of this IT partnership is invaluable."
- Paul Totten, VP Business and Technology Solutions United Way Centraide Canada
About United Way Centraide Canada
Since 1917, the United Way Centraide Movement has been dedicated to creating opportunities for a better life for all Canadians. United Way Centraide Canada provides leadership and support for United Ways Centraides who invest over $500 Million annually in more than 100 communities across Canada. Our unique, locally-driven approach brings people, resources and organizations together to address the underlying causes of social problems and create lasting, positive change. When you support United Way Centraide, you are investing in three areas that are essential for our communities to thrive: moving people from poverty to possibility, helping kids be all they can be, and building strong communities.
- Follow .CA Labs: Discuss the technology of today and debate the technology of tomorrow
- Free trial: Test D-Zone live and see if it can help your organization
- Whitepaper: Anatomy of a DDoS Attack against the DNS
About CIRA and .CA
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. A member-driven organization, CIRA represents Canada's Internet internationally, develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet and continues to develop new products to support a robust, secure and reliable DNS.
SOURCE Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
For further information: Ryan Saxby Hill, Communications manager, CIRA, [email protected], 613-316-2397