TORONTO, Dec. 2, 2016 /CNW/ - More than 900 Unifor members, representing Locals from across Ontario, will participate in Unifor's Ontario Regional Council, December 2-4, 2016, at the Sheraton Centre, 123 Queen St W, Toronto.
Delegates will discuss, debate and vote on priorities to chart political action and social justice campaigns for the next year.
Conference keynote speakers include:
- Jerry Dias, National President, Unifor
- Chris Buckley, President, OFL
- Tareq Hadhad, Syrian refugee and Co-founder of Peace by Chocolate
- Roberta Jamieson, President and CEO, Indspire
- Nancy Peckford, Spokesperson, Daughter of the Vote
- Bonnie Brayton, DisAbled Women's Network of Canada
- Amanda Dale, Executive Director, Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic
- Jamie Kirkpatrick, Program Manager, Blue Green Alliance
- Michael Mitchell, Special Advisor, Ontario Changing Workplaces Review
- Victoria Maxwell, Mental Health Educator
Unifor, founded on Labor Day of 2013, is Canada's largest union in the private sector, representing more than 310,000 workers in every sector of the economy, half of whom are in Ontario. It was formed Labour Day weekend 2013 when the Canadian Auto Workers and the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers unions merged.
For updates and live tweeting follow the Council hashtag #ORC2016 on Twitter or @UnifortheUnion.
For further information: Unifor Communications National Representative Kathleen O'Keefe at [email protected] or 416-896-3303 (cell)