Global Leaves Competitors in the Dust Winning the Night with Over 1.8 Million Viewers
"I still can't get over last nite season 2 premiere of #UnderTheDome it was just freaking perfection love it…" – @lantetrain
"Under the dome is such a good show if you don't watch it I feel bad for you" – @alyssaboguee
"Under the dome was ridiculous! And worth the wait" – @rachlesperance
TORONTO, July 2, 2014 /CNW/ - Over 1.8 million viewers were trapped in their seats as Under the Dome made its triumphant return to Global on Monday night. The explosive season two premiere saw Chester's Mill turned on its head as the dome suddenly turned magnetic. Ghosts, brain waves and electricity abound, the season premiere won the night (2+), zapping the competition.
The electric currents, coupled with the untimely death of two beloved characters and a surprise Stephen King cameo, gave viewers one hour of non-stop heart-pumping action and the know-how that anything can happen this season.
An all-new episode of Under the Dome airs Monday, July 7 – 10pm ET/PT.
- Under the Dome was the #1 program of the night with 1.8 million viewers (2+)*
- Under the Dome won its time period in the four metered markets for A18-49, A25-54 and F25-54*
- Under the Dome won the 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. time period, besting CTV by more than three times their time period average, and performing ten times that of City's time period average (2+)**
- Under the Dome won the 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. time period, besting CTV by more than three times their time period average, and performing nine times that of City's time period (A18-49)**
- Viewership up by 12% (A18-49), 21% (A25-54), and 8% (F25-54)* in Toronto over series premiere***
* Numeris (BBM Canada) PPM Overnight Data, June 30th, 2014, Total Canada
**Numeris (BBM Canada) PPM Overnight Data, June 30th, 2014 10p-11p, Total Canada
***Numeris (BBM Canada) PPM Overnight Data, June 24th, 2013, Total Canada
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Global is a Shaw Media Network.
About Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw is a diversified communications and media company, providing consumers with broadband cable television, High-Speed Internet, Home Phone, telecommunications services (through Shaw Business), satellite direct-to-home services (through Shaw Direct) and engaging programming content (through Shaw Media). Shaw serves 3.2 million customers, through a reliable and extensive fibre network. Shaw Media operates one of the largest conventional television networks in Canada, Global Television, and 19 specialty networks including HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, HISTORY® and Showcase. Shaw is traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and is included in the S&P/TSX 60 Index (Symbol: TSX – SJR.B, NYSE – SJR). For more information about Shaw, please visit www.shaw.ca.
SOURCE: Global Television
For further information: For media inquiries, please contact: Anne Vranic, Publicist, Global Television, 416-934-6999, [email protected]; Jessica Gold, Publicity Manager, Global Television and Dramatic Channels, 416-966-7543, [email protected]