OTTAWA, March 7, 2018 /CNW/ - Did you know that the Canada Revenue Agency's My Account and Employment and Social Development Canada's (ESDC) My Service Canada Account are now linked? With one user ID and password, you can securely access your information from both accounts without having to revalidate your identity!
Link between My Account and My Service Canada Account
The Government of Canada continually strives to improve its digital services so that Canadians can quickly and easily access their information and complete their online transactions. At the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), we're committed to making digital services fast, easy, and secure. The partnership between the CRA and Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to link My Account with My Service Canada Account is part of this commitment.
Keeping your information up to date
The CRA and ESDC are also working together to help keep your records up to date. Now, when you update your direct-deposit information using the CRA's My Account or MyCRA mobile web app, your banking information will seamlessly be exchanged with ESDC. If you receive Canada Pension Plan payments and there are any changes to your direct-deposit information, you will no longer have to update two accounts, saving you time and effort.
What else can you do with My Account and My Service Canada Account?
My Account lets you:
- track your return
- make changes to your return
- view your benefit and credit payments
- view your proof of income statements (option "C" print)
- view your notice of assessment or reassessment
- change your address
- verify your deduction limit for your registered retirement savings plan
- verify your contribution limit for your tax-free savings account
- receive your notice of assessment electronically by signing up for online mail
- and so much more
My Service Canada Account lets you:
- view and update your employment insurance, Canada Pension Plan and old age security information
- apply for your Canada Pension Plan retirement pension
- sign up for direct deposit
- view your payment information and deductions
- view and print your tax slips
- view all records of employment and have them sent electronically
The CRA and ESDC are committed to taking extensive measures to make sure that security is maintained at all times and there is no unauthorized access to your data.
SOURCE Canada Revenue Agency
For further information: CRA Media Relations, 613-948-8366