TORONTO, April 14, 2014 /CNW/ - It is quite the honour for Groupe Média TFO and its production partners to receive 12 Prix d'excellence of the Youth Media Alliance (YMA) nominations for digital content and shows. Winners will be announced at a gala to be held on May 27, at Maison de Radio-Canada in Montréal.
"Over the last years, TFO has seized every opportunity to offer rich and unique programming for children and youths, making it accessible to consumers wherever and whenever they want. I must give special congratulations to the producers, whose creativity and expertise enrich our programming, a veritable well of high quality educational content for parents and children," said Laurent Guérin, Executive Director of Web and Television Content at Groupe Média TFO.
The productions nominated for a Prix d'excellence include:
- Motel Monstre (Productions Slalom) : Best interactive content - 7 years and up - website and Best television show - Openness and Respect
- Les jumelles (Balestra): Best television show - Acquisition of Knowledge and Critical Thinking Skills
- Sur la piste des jumelles (Balestra Interactif): Best interactive content - 7 years and up - application
- Là est la question ! (Productions La Fête (Cinéastes) / Productions Avenida): Best television show - Acquisition of knowledge and Critical Thinking Skills; Best crossmedia project and Best interactive content - 7 years and up - website
- MIAM! (Écho Média Productions /Studio Toboggan): Best crossmedia project
- 1,2,3...Géant (Téléfiction Productions): Best television show - Advancement of Personal Growth and Self-Transcendence; Best television show - Openness and Respect and Best interactive content - preschool
- Bookaboo (Productions Les Affranchis / Attraction images): Best interactive content - preschool
"Our programming vision revolves around the educational quality of our content for children and youth, which allows parents and children to come with us, every day and with full confidence, to an intelligent, entertaining, and multiplatform universe," explained Annick Snell, Director of Pre-purchasing and Acquisitions for Child and Youth Programming at Groupe Média TFO.
For more than 40 years, the YMA has recognized the importance of offering quality television shows and interactive content to Canadian children. During its annual gala, the YMA awards its Prix d'excellence to those exceptional productions that have made Canada a leader in the production and broadcasting of screen content designed for young audiences.
About Groupe Média TFO
Groupe Média TFO is a public-sector educational media organization that provides quality French-language content on multiple media platforms. Based in Toronto, TFO is the largest producer and distributor of French-language educational and cultural products in Canada. In fulfilling this role, Groupe Média TFO contributes to the civic and cultural enrichment of the Franco-Ontarian community and makes its content accessible to a wide audience on all digital platforms.
SOURCE: Groupe Média TFO
For further information:
Groupe Média TFO